BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Neil Wilkinson

oldjamfan1

Sorry to hear of the passing of former Rovers full back Neil Wilkinson, from the Furphy/Lee era, at the tender age of 61. RIP

Sad news indeed Andy. If I remember correctly he was Blackburn born and bred and lived in Mill Hill. Memories of him as a player are sketchy but I do recall him being sent off in an FA Cup replay at Altrincham which was played on a midweek afternoon.

Condolences to his family.

Sad news indeed Andy. If I remember correctly he was Blackburn born and bred and lived in Mill Hill. Memories of him as a player are sketchy but I do recall him being sent off in an FA Cup replay at Altrincham which was played on a midweek afternoon.

Condolences to his family.

He was a local lad Tony, and a lovely fella too.

I always associated him with Mecky and John Kenyon.

Neil Wilkinson met his wife Pat when they were both 13 at Witton school. After he retired they set up a Blinds/curtains shop in St Annes. As others have said he was a nice man.

He's been struggling with Pick's disease from his early 50's. Doctors said playing football could have caused his condition.

R.I.P

Edited by Jock

Memories of him as a player are sketchy..

I could picture him straight away Tony and have just refreshed my memory by having a look at the 1973/74 team photograph. I too couldn't remember much about him from a playing point of view. Jackman book shows 34 appearances plus 4 as sub in a 6 year stint as a right back with us. Very sad, condolences to his family. That 73/74 third division team would have wiped the floor with the current set up, by the way.

• Like 6

• 4 weeks later...