BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Unable to go to quotes

bluebruce

Question

Dunno if you guys are aware of this, but it has affected me on both my laptop and phone for months now. If someone has quoted a user, we used to be able to click the little arrow on the top right of the quote box and be taken to the quote itself. This was very handy to quickly find the full context of the conversation (to see what the person they had quoted was replying to etc) and also for if we want to quote the person ourselves.

Now clicking that arrow results in a page that says 'page not found' and usually crashes the tab too. Would be very appreciative if that could get fixed, would save me (and probably others) quite a lot of trawling.

7 answers to this question

The issue is because forums is missing from the URL. The links are currently trying to go to:

https://www.brfcs.com/?app=core&module=system&controller=content&do=find&content_class=forums_Topic&content_id=35421&content_commentid=2335475

But they need to go to:

https://www.brfcs.com/forums/?app=core&module=system&controller=content&do=find&content_class=forums_Topic&content_id=35421&content_commentid=2335475

It might have happened when the website home page was set to /magazine but could be wrong.

• Like 2
On 14/06/2022 at 20:40, bluebruce said:

Dunno if you guys are aware of this, but it has affected me on both my laptop and phone for months now. If someone has quoted a user, we used to be able to click the little arrow on the top right of the quote box and be taken to the quote itself. This was very handy to quickly find the full context of the conversation (to see what the person they had quoted was replying to etc) and also for if we want to quote the person ourselves.

Now clicking that arrow results in a page that says 'page not found' and usually crashes the tab too. Would be very appreciative if that could get fixed, would save me (and probably others) quite a lot of trawling.

@bluebruce This is fixed now 

• Like 2

@Roth@StubbsUK Unfortunately this only seems to be mostly fixed. Most of the time it seems to work, but when I click the quote contained in Exiled Rover's post (currently at the top of page 531 of the transfer thread, and quoting windymiller7) it goes to page not found if I use my laptop. When I use my phone, clicking the quote works fine. However, both my phone and laptop crash attempting to click the quote contained in the post at the top of page 530, or the second one down. Very weird.

So it's better but it's not fully fixed. I'm struggling to see what the pattern is, as some posts at the top of the pages work just fine, and others crash it, and results seem to vary slightly based on what device I'm using.