BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rip Pele

2 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Strangely includes a couple of very obviously computer generated goals, but otherwise an illuminating reel for anyone who, like me, is far too young to have seen him play on TV or live.

The guy was a genius on the football pitch. He was completely two footed, he could go either way, he had magnetic close control, terrific acceleration, great dummies and feints, a powerful shot and he was a good header of the ball. Along with that he was hard to knock off the ball, he could run with his body over the ball making him very hard to tackle fairly. That clip of the goal against Mexico in the 1962 World Cup ( about 3-50 in the clip ) sums him up. He just runs through the Mexican defence, overpowering any player that came to tackle him.

Anybody who thinks Maradona or Messi were better never saw Pele play in his prime. He was jawdroppingly good. He made you rub your eyes in disbelief.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 2

Pele, Best, Cruyff were all before my time but I've no doubt that they were all unbelievable. Pele was already legendary when I was a kid in the 80's. Puskas and Di Stefano before them. 

Players I know who were a class above the rest; Maradona, Zidane, C Ronaldo, Messi, Ronaldo, van Basten. Baggio, Baresi, and Maldini are close.

English players; Gascoigne, Shearer.

Without injuries Brazilian Ronaldo would have been it for me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, speeeeeeedie said:

Pele, Best, Cruyff were all before my time but I've no doubt that they were all unbelievable. Pele was already legendary when I was a kid in the 80's. Puskas and Di Stefano before them. 

Players I know who were a class above the rest; Maradona, Zidane, C Ronaldo, Messi, Ronaldo, van Basten. Baggio, Baresi, and Maldini are close.

English players; Gascoigne, Shearer.

Without injuries Brazilian Ronaldo would have been it for me.

The Brazilian Ronaldo was a top player, shame about the knees. Franz Beckenbauer was as good if not better than Baresi and Maldini.