BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Could be intertwined with the transfer thread but I know people enjoy the gossip side of things no matter how unsubstantiated, so thought I would do a seperate thread.

With half of our business to go likely to be loans potentially after the season has begun, and with the squad/manager away for the next week, as well as other teams, the current squad is likely the choice we will have to start the season, having been here for pre season.

What do people think is our best side going into it, and how do people think Tomasson will likely go?

Kaminski

Rankin Costello Carter Hyam Pickering

Tronstad Wharton

Hedges Szmodics Sigurdsson

Ennis

That would be mine, a Batth type, right winger and of course striker would ideally come into that 11 sooner rather than later, but I would personally suggest thats unlikely in the next 3 or 4 weeks.

I think Pears, Travis and Gallagher will start over Kaminski, Wharton and Ennis though unfortunately. Just a hunch, hope im wrong.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I think Pears, Travis and Gallagher will start over Kaminski, Wharton and Ennis though unfortunately. Just a hunch, hope im wrong.

I know he was left out a lot last season, but surely (and hopefully) his form in the final few games will see Adam Wharton as one of the first names on the team sheet. Think JDT praised him for improving defensively too and Wharton accepted that there had been some things he needed to get better at. 

Hopefully Kaminski starting in the first game at Stanley also means he's back to being first choice, though I agree that's probably far from definite. 

4 hours ago, frosty said:

I know he was left out a lot last season, but surely (and hopefully) his form in the final few games will see Adam Wharton as one of the first names on the team sheet. Think JDT praised him for improving defensively too and Wharton accepted that there had been some things he needed to get better at. 

Hopefully Kaminski starting in the first game at Stanley also means he's back to being first choice, though I agree that's probably far from definite. 

Hope so on both. Wharton has to start but I think he would most likely accompany Tronstad with Travis. Captain plus also factoring in a late pre season for Wharton.

Not sure id read too much into Saturdays teams with Vale and Markanday over Dolan and Hedges plus no Rankin Costello either.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Hope so on both. Wharton has to start but I think he would most likely accompany Tronstad with Travis. Captain plus also factoring in a late pre season for Wharton.

Not sure id read too much into Saturdays teams with Vale and Markanday over Dolan and Hedges plus no Rankin Costello either.

I can't see JDT starting the season with a 2-man midfield of Travis and Tronstad. Seems too defensive and unambitious for me, unless Tronstad is a more progressive player than he sounds and looks maybe. Seems to sit a little deep for that pairing to work under JDT's style.

On 11/07/2023 at 13:54, bluebruce said:

I can't see JDT starting the season with a 2-man midfield of Travis and Tronstad. Seems too defensive and unambitious for me, unless Tronstad is a more progressive player than he sounds and looks maybe. Seems to sit a little deep for that pairing to work under JDT's style.

Adam Wharton will be the key and led to believe that he has been assured that he will be a guaranteed starter in CM. JDT sees him as Champions League ability on the ball but wants him to work much harder out of possession.

• Like 1