BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 2010/2011 Rovers Accounts - PDF Copy

Thank you. I am not liking the plan for mitigating our fall from the premier league.

We can forget about returning to the Premier League ever again.

The worst of it is, if wages are to be based on the turnover of the club I hope they have factored in a reduction of gate receipts by about 50% assuming a modest increase in season ticket prices for next season.

I also noted on page 4 the statement regarded players coming through from the academy: "However, this will not come without a price, and careful considerations will be made". Relegation?

Ironic then that the very next paragraph starts with the fact that the town and borough rely on the club retaining its Premier League status.

And yet there is still no action taken to address the club hurtling towards the Championship.

When I get some time i will try to pick these accounts apart and hopefully shed some more light. I've worked in finance for 10 years, so I find them fascinating.

They are a terrible terrible set of results as most people can probably realise from the headline figures.

My intention is to 'model' the accounts to the present day. ie layering on the summer transfer dealings, and everything else that's estimated to have happened since the year end date. I was wondering if anybody else had attempted this to any extent?

Thanks FernhurstRover

Didn't know Thatcher is an Hon Vice President of our club - anyone know why this is?

Long story, but basically JimMk2 is quite a fan of hers and petitioned the club in 80's to get her some honoury position at the club, the club eventually agreed, the rest is history as they say.

Archived