Sign in to follow this  
Tyrone Shoelaces

Bryan Douglas - Cuttings

great memories of waiting for the Last Pink to arrive and racing over to the Newsagent----when we won of course!  :)

Just wanted to read the match report and relive the game I'd just got back from!

13 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

I came across this some time ago and it is an interesting and very detailed read on the great Man's career. 

http://www.greatharwoodtown.co.uk/bryandouglas.html

Thanks pal, that’s the best thing I’ve read on this forum for a long time. 

39 minutes ago, old darwen blue said:

Thanks pal, that’s the best thing I’ve read on this forum for a long time. 

I came across it a few years ago. It's a shame there's nothing like it on our site. The best player I've ever seen in the blue and white.

23 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I came across it a few years ago. It's a shame there's nothing like it on our site. The best player I've ever seen in the blue and white.

I spent last Saturday watching a re-run of the '66 WC England win followed by a first-ever viewing of 'The Wembley Wizard', the story of Matthews made in 2015. I downloaded them as torrents some time ago. I only wish there was something similar made for Bryan Douglas, I do have the full 1960 FA Cup Final but that was a poor day.

My 14 year-old Son is visiting in School break and a few days back I found him on my PC watching a full version of our Full Members Cup win, I might make a Rover of him yet. LIke most youth out here, they are brainwashed by the PL and the fact he goes to an Arsenal run football academy.

Edited by AllRoverAsia

23 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Cryer did a good 3 part story on Bryan Douglas a few years back in the LT, I have the links and will post if anyone wants them.

1 hour ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Cryer did a good 3 part story on Bryan Douglas a few years back in the LT, I have the links and will post if anyone wants them.

Well I do for one please!

3 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

I spent last Saturday watching a re-run of the '66 WC England win followed by a first-ever viewing of 'The Wembley Wizard', the story of Matthews made in 2015. I downloaded them as torrents some time ago. I only wish there was something similar made for Bryan Douglas, I do have the full 1960 FA Cup Final but that was a poor day.

My 14 year-old Son is visiting in School break and a few days back I found him on my PC watching a full version of our Full Members Cup win, I might make a Rover of him yet. LIke most youth out here, they are brainwashed by the PL and the fact he goes to an Arsenal run football academy.

I watched the '66 World Cup Final a while ago and what amazed me was how much the ball was in play compared with todays football.