BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] FIFA 2012

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm thinking of getting this, not to sure yet.As i played UT most of the time i was wondering if someone can answer a couple of questions.

Is pace still the only stat that matters?

are finesse shots still horribly assissted and over powered?

is hoofball still so bloody effective?

is defensive ai still dodgy..i.e will stand there and watch as a striker runs the length of the pitch and score a pass back?

and finally is there any urgency in midfield .i.e.will the midfield ai help out in defense and attack or is there still a big gap between midfield and the rest of the team?

I'm thinking of getting this, not to sure yet.As i played UT most of the time i was wondering if someone can answer a couple of questions.

Is pace still the only stat that matters?

are finesse shots still horribly assissted and over powered?

is hoofball still so bloody effective?

is defensive ai still dodgy..i.e will stand there and watch as a striker runs the length of the pitch and score a pass back?

and finally is there any urgency in midfield .i.e.will the midfield ai help out in defense and attack or is there still a big gap between midfield and the rest of the team?

I dont know about online games. But in career mode:

1 Pace is very import, but its much harder to create one on ones through the middle.

2 yes

3 dont know as I have never used it. But the AI is very good at just oofing the ball out of their defensive zone - finding a lone attacker who you somehow can't even get close to who will then make a simple pass that splits your defense wide open.

4 User denfesive AI is as bad as it ever was. AI defensive AI ( =) ) is better I think, but if you a super fast player he can often outsprint on the flank. But that is actually how it works IRL. I think.

5 NO

I dont know about online games. But in career mode:

1 Pace is very import, but its much harder to create one on ones through the middle.

2 yes

3 dont know as I have never used it. But the AI is very good at just oofing the ball out of their defensive zone - finding a lone attacker who you somehow can't even get close to who will then make a simple pass that splits your defense wide open.

4 User denfesive AI is as bad as it ever was. AI defensive AI ( =) ) is better I think, but if you a super fast player he can often outsprint on the flank. But that is actually how it works IRL. I think.

5 NO

Thanks for taking the time to answer, i'd imagine if the comp is capable of the old pin point hoofball then a human would be able to do it to.

These things really ruined FIFA 11 for me, and it seems all reviews i've read fail to mention any of these concerns.

No worries.

Its really a crap game. but I suppose its still a must buy game as its good enough to keep you entertained for a number of weeks. Sad thing about console games (or PC games for that matter) is that they are are bloody waste of precious time. All I ask is that its not a complete frustrating waste of time - and FIFA12 I think is less frustrating than FIFA 11 (in a lot of ways - and more frustrating in just a few).

Playing with your mates will just be fun I think

• 2 weeks later...

Getting more and more annoyed with this game.

Fifa clubs, a 5ft striker is stonger than a 86 rated 6ft 2" defender, the ai keepers are also useless.

Online, gives penaltys away far too easily, and red cards too, I got one yesterday for actually winning the ball with a slide tackle, with a defender that wasnt the last man. That one was so bad the guy I was playing even went and give me one to level it up (aranged via pm on psn)

Be a pro. The club you play at still doesn't make any transfers, making getting lower league teams to pl impossible. That was also a game breaker last year.

Offside. Do ea not know the rules of offside? Switch playto soneone onside and it gives offside due to a striker in the middle being offside, even thought he isnt active in play

Iv played about 60 online games and had just 1 red card, and given away about 3 penalties.

You must he doing something wrong there.

Okay I was extending it a little with the penaltys, but that red card yesterday was a big steaming pile of bullpoo. As I said the guy I was playing against actually messaged me and said he was going to get a red as "that was never a penalty, never mind a red" not that it mattered as I still lost 3-2.

How are people finding the quitters? Not had one yet, even someone a club member spanked 11-0 didn't quit (i was watching via club team screen)

I dont have any trouble scoring but struggling to defend. Most my games are ending up 4-3 or something. Any tips on how to keep a tight backline? Mine seem to have gaping holes everywhere

Always use pace, and always use R1 to send a player to close down. Also use X to close them down always, when your close enough either slide or the one where you put their player off balance.

As for Quitters - Iv had 2 so far, one told me I was cheating as it was 4-0 after 30 mins, and the other quit after 4 mins because I scored and because if you quit before 5 mins then it doesnt go down as a result.

• 1 month later...

If anyone fancies joining our new online community for Fifa then feel free.

Basically its a load of regular players who play fairly and dont use cheats etc. We all used the main forums, but we went and got our own website as the EA one is very poor and full of spam.

www.fifasuperleagues.tk

I run the N5S leagues which Iv had running for 10 seasons now, over Fifa 11 & 12.

You may need to enter the address and then click on it again, as the link isnt the main one and sometimes struggles.

If anyone fancies joining our new online community for Fifa then feel free.

Basically its a load of regular players who play fairly and dont use cheats etc. We all used the main forums, but we went and got our own website as the EA one is very poor and full of spam.

www.fifasuperleagues.tk

I run the N5S leagues which Iv had running for 10 seasons now, over Fifa 11 & 12.

You may need to enter the address and then click on it again, as the link isnt the main one and sometimes struggles.

would have done but its ps3 orientated.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Does any one know how to develop players on career mode? And if so - is there some way of developing specific competences such as finishing or dribbling - or do I just have to allow for the (incredibly poor) fifa AI to develop players for me.

I would think playing time should contribute to development but it all seems rather limited...

Archived