BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Football Manager 2012

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Elgin City promoted to SPL.

Discovered team talks are very important.

Can still only offer part time contracts!?!

Its a known bug, apparently very hard to turn a club pro

Said I would post this here as I got a game from BKKRover: Here is a screenshot for me winning the title 2nd year in a row. Also won the Champs League and FA Cup. It was such a close finish, and it all came down to the last game of the season.

83title.jpg

End of season 2019 and what a season although it could have been much better as my team lost their way for the last 8 games of the season, only winning one game from 8!

Started off 1-1 win on penalties over Man utd in the Community Shield

Played Juventus in the European Super Cup beating 2-1 after extra time.

Won the Club World Championship beating Chivas 1-0 in the final

Won the League Cup beating Southampton 4-0 in the final

Then came my first loss in 32 game unbeaten run losing 3-2 to Chelsea in the league which started my poor run of form. From here I lost to Juventus (acting revenge for the Super Cup) 4-3 on aggregate in the Champions League Semi Final. The I lost to Tottenham 2-1 in the FA Cup but all was not lost as we were crowned Premier League Champions for the third year in a row. Compared with last season City and United were well off the pace as you can see below:

EnglishPremierDivisionOverview_Stages.png

And my star player once again, Carlos Fierro broke records all around him for man of the match/goalscorer at the club and in the league. He beat Simon Garners record of top league goalscorer at the club ever and also beat Ted Harpers record of 43 league goals which has stood for nearly a century. Tommy Briggs record of 7 goals in a match is still intact:

CarlosFierroOverview_Profile.png

I've asked this before, but I need to check again, what formations are people playing. I can't get 4-2-3-1 to work for toffee. Can someone put a tactics screenshot up, please?

Thanks,

Dan

I've asked this before, but I need to check again, what formations are people playing. I can't get 4-2-3-1 to work for toffee. Can someone put a tactics screenshot up, please?

Thanks,

Dan

Trick is to edit player instructions to suit your players, no poing having hoilett cross often if he is poo at it, of having nzonzi try long shots.

I usually make 2 new formations a season, both tested and tweaked in pre season to see how they cope and my favourite is used

Just won League Cup (2 in a row), Premier League (4 in a row) and Champions League (twice in 3 years) and board have said they are building new stadium "named after one of Blackburns heroes Dalglish" I mean WTF??? Looks like I might be getting FMRTE. Any suggestions? New Ewood/Jack Walker Arena/The Walker Stadium/Nuttall Park/Mill Hill Stadium?

Best season yet in the premier league beating the points scored and goals scored in a season

EnglishPremierDivisionOverview_Stages-2.png

and my best player again Carlos Fierro

CarlosFierroOverview_Profile-3.png

• 3 weeks later...

Anybody read Football Manager Stole My Life yet? Got it at the weekend, a little shorter than I would have liked but still very enjoyable, full of nostalgia for the long term CM/FM player. Some funny stories from fellow players that will sound all too familiar to some of us!

Just been told by my board that we are getting a new stadium, Parkes arena. Also just had my toughest season yet, finishes 2nd in leage, lost out to City by 1 point, Man U third due to goal difference.

Fulham did lead the league for most of the season but dropped form just after beating me 5-1, they finished 4th, 4 pointsd behind city.

Lost the final of CL to city on penaltys. lost League cup final to Man u but managed to win FA cup.

My team is largely young players, Givet, Van Der Weil, Lars Bender and new signing Poli will be amongst the oldest (just finished the 2015 season)

Hoilett is now about to be sold as I want to play a 4-2-2-2 formation, I now have the players to succeed with it too.

• 5 weeks later...

Hopefully you can manage Germany in 2013 :rolleyes:

You can do it in Football Manager 2012, you've been able to do it in all versions. Just delete the fake files from the database and Germany is restored to normal.

Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\football manager 2012\data\db\1200\lnc\all

Delete fake.lnc file

You'll have to delete from any update folders as well, if you've installed patches.

It won't work with any current saves but will work next time you start a new game.

• 1 month later...

Archived