BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] BRFCS Podcast #66: Ewood Park as Asset of Community Value

Guest Wen Y Hu

Guest Wen Y Hu
In Podcast 66 BRFCS editor Wen Y Hu asks Paul of the Rovers Trust to explain the Trust's recent application to register Ewood Park as an asset of community value with the local council.

The podcast is published to the front page here.

It is also available via the following link. Just paste the link into your browser address bar.

http://brfcs-podcast.brfcs.com/BRFCS-066.mp3

I've just listened to the podcast.

Thank you, Paul, for explaining very clearly this new legislation and what it means. Thank you for the hard work that you and Rovers Trust have done in gathering the information and documentation to apply for Ewood Park to be designated an Asset of Community Value.

Acts of Parliament may seem daunting to those who have never seen one but the wording of most is quite simple and straightforward. You explained the Localism Act 2011 very well. I'd never heard of it.

For what its worth, I don't believe there are any covenants placed on Ewood Park or Brockhall. The original document released at the time Venkys took over suggested that the new owners would endeavour to not change the usage of either locations, but no legal documents have been commited to.

Good podcast Paul lets just hope the unthinkable never happens but with Venkys you never know.

Well done to you and the trust for doing all the ground work in the event the unthinkable happens you can act swiftly.

Just one question with the trust applying for this ACV is Brockhall linked in with Ewood and would the ACV cover Brockhall?

If not will the trust try to get an ACV on Brockhall?.

Thanks.

Good podcast Paul lets just hope the unthinkable never happens but with Venkys you never know.

Well done to you and the trust for doing all the ground work in the event the unthinkable happens you can act swiftly.

Just one question with the trust applying for this ACV is Brockhall linked in with Ewood and would the ACV cover Brockhall?

If not will the trust try to get an ACV on Brockhall?.

Thanks.

That is a really good question and one I can't answer. I'll email Supporters Direct and get back to you. It could take several days.

We hadn't considered this, it really is a very good point.

Archived