BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] God Of War

Guest Kamy100

• 3 weeks later...

One I'm looking forward to definitely.

If you don't have Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction (out for PS2 and Xbox) then you must get it. In my opinion, it's second only to San Andreas in the best games of the last year. Set in a future North Korean theatre of war, you play as one of three mercs roaming the countryside carrying out tasks for the Chinese, UN, CIA and the Mafia. The playability is utterly brilliant. So too are the graphics and scale of the game.

GET IT IN.

Edited by Rovermatt

• 3 months later...

Finaly played it and must admit that its one of the best games I have ever played.

I find myself shouting out loud:-

AVE SOME OF THAT

GET SOME OF THAT IN YA

COME ON THEN YOU BIG B***ARD

BRING IT ON

And that was only after the first set of enemies

Cant wait to get further in the game

A truly awesome gaming experience. I only bought it yesterday but I'm already hooked. Amazing graphics, simple controls and a Devil May Cry style combo system make this utterly essential. If you haven't got it, waste no more time reading this. Get out to the shops.

I've just upgraded the Blades of Chaos to level 4.

Holy sh*t! ohmy.gif

336751[/snapback]

I am onBlades of Chaos level 3 and have stopped upgrading because I have the sword of Athens and I hear when that is upgraded you are unstoppable.

Also, picked up the ability to swim under water.

Having a great time playing this thumbs-up.gif

Erm, cant remember but theres only one  tongue.gif

336791[/snapback]

I really should get around to playing this, a friend picked it up from the US for me ages ago, I played it for 10 mins, loved it, but becuase I was still too involved with GTA:SA I ignored it. A few months ago Ste B and another mate came round and put it on, this time we were all blown away, but only played it for 20 mins or so (hey, it was a poker night, if poker is the nuts, the PS2 is just suited connectors smile.gif ) .... and still it sits unplayed.

Now, I just don't seem to have time to start it sad.gif .

I really should get around to playing this, a friend picked it up from the US for me ages ago, I played it for 10 mins, loved it, but becuase I was still too involved with GTA:SA I ignored it. A few months ago Ste B and another mate came round and put it on, this time we were all blown away, but only played it for 20 mins or so (hey, it was a poker night, if poker is the nuts, the PS2 is just suited connectors smile.gif ) .... and still it sits unplayed.

Now, I just don't seem to have time to start it sad.gif .

336877[/snapback]

I hear you man. I bought a house with the girlfriend around the same time that GTA San Andreas came out and thought 'no problem, nothing will change' but since then I have got:-

Call of Duty - reached level two

Tiger Woods 05 - couple of people played

Hitman Contracts - cople of missions finished

God of War - enjoying it but keep getting nagged at

GT 4 - Not really picked it up

I love games and after getting a 25 year mortgage am suffering.

Will there be any point buying the PS3 sad.gif

I managed to spend some quality time with the PS2 last night and the more I play GoW the more I love it.

Not only is it a fantastical all-action-beat-em-up but it has puzzles, and not the kind of puzzles a five year old solves without thinking, but *real* puzzles, ones that you actually feel some achievement when you've completed them.

So far I'm somewhere around the rings of Pandora I think (just got the above mentioned Sword of Athena (or whatever it was called)).

Ok, finished it last night and was a little disapointed. Just as you max out all your wepons you have finished and dont get a proper chance to use them - still ace though which is why I tried again on God Mode. Gave up after about 10 mins because its really hard - you may laugh but wait till you try it yourself.

Some nice little extras when you finish it too but I wont spoil it for you

• 4 months later...

I bought Prince Of Persia: Warrior Within for the Xbox. It only cost me a tenner on play.com. It's the best value for money I've ever had in relation to a video game. It's very similar to God Of War-beautiful graphics, compelling gameplay, addictive fighting and manageable puzzles. If you haven't got it I would recommend it. Parents: a great (and cheap) chrimbo present for kids. You won't see them for days.

I bought Prince Of Persia: Warrior Within for the Xbox. It only cost me a tenner on play.com. It's the best value for money I've ever had in relation to a video game. It's very similar to God Of War-beautiful graphics, compelling gameplay, addictive fighting and manageable puzzles. If you haven't got it I would recommend it. Parents: a great (and cheap) chrimbo present for kids. You won't see them for days.

367801[/snapback]

I too love the prince of persia games however, there is always at least 1 VERY VERY VERY dull puzzel in them. Its not that they are mega hard its just you start to think after a while if you are meant to be enjoying the game or going to sleep - I can imagine that Glenn will love the puzzel part the best though tongue.gif

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.