BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fifa '06

Cowza's FIFA 06 review!

This game really gets driven with realistic gameplay, skills and information.

It brings attacking gameplay,complete customizations, a very good manager mode for career and just pure authenticity. The game allows you to control every move of the player with great accuracy. The skills like passing, trapping, shooting heading etc. is far more responsive and is very life like. Feel the the sense of momentum shift as you battle for excellence on the pitch. As the Midfield General you'll control the strategy of the game, deciding the pace and performance of your players as you decide strategic decisions using the tactical play button configurations. This is a game for all ages although it takes some time to work out the controls, you'll be perfecting it very quickly. This game is for about 3 years and up and i give it a solid 9.5 out of 10. Enjoy.

ps. People are always saying 'wha wha wha this game is rubbish compared to ProEvo 5, the 2 games suit different types of gamers and i prefer FIFA 06.user posted image

So basically, you're saying you aren't skilled enough to win at Pro Evo then?

367572[/snapback]

I think it's down to personal preference. I prefer Fifa simply because I've been playing the series since 1997, so I'm used to the controls.

Also, I prefer real teams rather than "London Reds" or "Lancashire".. however, if you want to say it's because I'm not skilled enough to play Pro Evo, that's your narrow minded elitest perogotive.

Rant over.

I think it's down to personal preference. I prefer Fifa simply because I've been playing the series since 1997, so I'm used to the controls.

Also, I prefer real teams rather than "London Reds" or "Lancashire".. however, if you want to say it's because I'm not skilled enough to play Pro Evo, that's your narrow minded elitest perogotive.

Rant over.

367693[/snapback]

I too have loved FIFA every year and when this years came out I loved it the first few times I played it however, little nasties kept popping up that made me scream. I always get both games and since Pro Evo came out I have not been able to stop playing.

I find your points for loving FIFA a little strange though:-

1. Change the controls to be the same as FIFA (Some people will moan at you on here for doing it but I dont care because I am so used to the others)

2. Just get a max drive and change all of the team names and kits and if that is all your problems are then happy days

I too have loved FIFA every year and when this years came out I loved it the first few times I played it however, little nasties kept popping up that made me scream.  I always get both games and since Pro Evo came out I have not been able to stop playing.

I find your points for loving FIFA a little strange though:-

1.  Change the controls to be the same as FIFA (Some people will moan at you on here for doing it but I dont care because I am so used to the others)

2.  Just get a max drive and change all of the team names and kits and if that is all your problems are then happy days

367702[/snapback]

Or I could just play the game I prefer rather than shelling out for a new game and whatever a max drive is. tongue.gif

Seriously, I have nothing against Pro Evo, just the people who think those who buy FIFA are somehow less intelligent or skilled.

Whoah, fellas! It's like I've stepped into a lost episode of the Twilight Zone - the Land that Taste Forgot.

I'll put it down to seasonal madness or something.

For future reference - FIFA. IS. CRAP.

I thank you.

I like them both.

I've got both of them, play both of them, get bored of both of them. It goes round in a cycle and both games have their merits and problems.

I get sick and tired of the PES is great, FIFA lovers are deluded attitude that seems to be the only opinion that matters these days.

Everyone just enjoy the game you like.

I have played various versions of both, and if I want an arcade style bit of fun, then I'd play FIFA, and if I want something that requires a more realistic approach I play PES. The only problem I had with the PS1 version of PES was that I could get to grips with the free kicks and penalties.

Fifa I think yes Pro Evo definatly not

As for which game I prefer I am in the same boat as cocker this year and made the change from Fifa to Pro Evo.

This Years Fifa is perhaps the best theyve released however Pro Evo seems to have conquored the right angle movements of the players which annoyed me so much in past versions of the game.

What I like about Pro Evo is the depth it provides the players, the varying difficulty of the games and the different styles a human player can choose to play to be sucessful on the game. If you try and defend on FIFA you get beat.

weird question - is olly kahn in it?

368166[/snapback]

Yes. Although like all of the players on the Germany national team, he has a made-up name (which is easily changed), and there was an effort to make his face unlike his real-life face.

The stats and other such information is OK, though.

• 6 months later...

FIFA lovers are deluded attitude that seems to be the only opinion that matters these days.

Everyone just enjoy the game you like.

Cowan already said this and it's obvious he has nothing against Pro Evo

Theyre just two top quality football games, nobody should be pointing guns here :lol:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.