BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

France?

herbergeehh

Barthez was a brilliant keeper but it's now time to let Coupet take over. He's the best in France, and Lyon have just won 5 on the bounce with him in goal.

They could do worse than Landreau though-a very capable performer.

I appreciate that there's probably some team bonding going on ('Barthez was roped to defenders Eric Adibal and Lilian Thuram...') but why are they climbing a bloody mountain? What's next? Swimming with sharks? Sky-diving? Ski-jumping? Eating out at the Spurs hotel?

Edited by Rovermatt

I can see why you say that, Eddie, but I still think Mexes would have been a better option. As for Barthez, you probably have a point - I'm sure you know the team better than me, but why has Frey been ignored for so long?

I think Frey has simply been unlucky. He's quite highly rated here but always just misses out. I would have included Mexes but I can understand why he hasn't been taken.

N'Zogbia was very impressive at times, especially after Roeder took over. Do you know if he was ever in consideration for the French squad.

N'Zogbia will break through soon enough, he's represented France at youth levels and in a year or so I have no doubt he'll get a call up. There are a lot of good young French midfiedlers around, the problem is that they need some of them to push on and become world class and I'm not sure who it will be from the group that will do it.

• 2 weeks later...

Couldn't see this anywhere else but i think Cisse has broken his leg playing for France vs China. Same leg as he broke against us....no matter what you think of the guy you have to feel a bit sorry for him!

Means liverpoolwill definately want another striker now!! Bellamy anyone? :huh:

Couldn't see this anywhere else but i think Cisse has broken his leg playing for France vs China. Same leg as he broke against us....no matter what you think of the guy you have to feel a bit sorry for him!

Means liverpoolwill definately want another striker now!! Bellamy anyone? :huh:

They were looking to offload him anyway. Just that nobody will want Cisse now

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.