BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Watch The Wc At Work

Apart from the ITV games of course

Maybe not...from the Poland vs. Ecuador preview on the BBC website:

Kick-off: 2000 BST

Live on BBC Radio Five Live & the BBC Sport website with highlights on Match of the Day (BBC One, 2335 BST)

Maybe not...from the Poland vs. Ecuador preview on the BBC website:

Kick-off: 2000 BST

Live on BBC Radio Five Live & the BBC Sport website with highlights on Match of the Day (BBC One, 2335 BST)

probably means you can get the commentary on the site. i watched some of the germany game on there and it was pretty poor really. the quality was bad, but just about watchable, except that it would stop every 30 seconds or so.

I watched a bit of the first half from work as I had to work late. I put it into 200% view and it was watchable and didn't skip once. I think it's a nifty addition but any real fans of footy will find a TV :)

Biddy, that article basically is a scaremongering job-they have no way of knowing if you are watching he BBC stream, unless they can sit outside and get the BBC servers to supply IP addresses and get round there sharpish before the history is deleted and so on.

Biddy, that article basically is a scaremongering job-they have no way of knowing if you are watching he BBC stream, unless they can sit outside and get the BBC servers to supply IP addresses and get round there sharpish before the history is deleted and so on.

I know, It's just funny the way they think they can apply the licenceing laws to everything.

I have that usb arial - it is bloody good actually, for the price. Works better than my comps dedicated tv card.

If you look around though you can get one with a remote for not much extra.

Also, the piddly arial it comes with is naff, so only get one if you actually intend to use your big arial.

I have that usb arial - it is bloody good actually, for the price. Works better than my comps dedicated tv card.

Also, the piddly arial it comes with is naff, so only get one if you actually intend to use your big arial.

And it's one of those USB digital recievers that I am using to pick up the BBC and ITV HD trials from the Crystal Palace transmitter. Not bad for a £20 gadget (granted you need a £2000 PC to be able to decode the picture!)

13 June 2006 - Be careful where you're watching TV if you don't want to get slapped with a fine.

Businesses could face ₤1000 if staff use their work computers to watch TV in the workplace.

As the BBC is screening live matches by broadband and free-to-air, it's expected that many workers will tune into games while at work, putting their company in danger of receiving the hefty fine.

According to a report in the Daily Mail, TV Licensing spokeswoman Jessica Ray said, "We have a database of more than 28 million addresses, so our enquiry officers can see at the touch of a button exactly which addresses are licensed".

"We know exactly which unlicensed business premises to target."

The TV Licensing authority is recommending that business buy licenses to ensure they don't get caught.

During Euro 2004, nearly 25,000 people were slapped with fines for not having a license while watching football at work or at home.

I thought you didn't need a tv license if you were using a computer?

Nope, you need TV license for ANY device that can recieve broadcast material. That includes Satellite boxes, PC's (with TV cards), Videos, PVR's.

The only time you can get away without a license (for your premises) is if you are using a battery operated TV and even then you must be covered by someone else's like your parents. see Here

also the used to (dont know whether they still do) check for the radiation from a CRT - which is different for a tv compared to a monitor - or something

dont know how they cope with LCD and plasma screens.

What they also do is drive round looking for aerials if you ahve one and no license they'll come pay a visit

Been tempted with those things. Seen some of them on bigpockets.co.uk for around £30.

A mate at work has got one, and i must say it is very impressive.

Had to link up a few wires to get a good arial reception, but the quality was a lot better than streaming.

Heh I tried that ascii football the other day. It's awful :D Good idea...just doesn't work :)

It works pretty well when the play is zoomed in on a person but you can't make anything out when it's showing the overall pitch. A fantastic piece of coding though.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.