BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 50 Mbps Cable Connection.

The world's fastest internet connection will let users download Encyclopaedia Britannica in less than seven seconds.

Link.

I love stats like that. After you've spent seven seconds downloading your encyclopaedia, you can cancel your ISP contract and spend the next three years reading the entire thing.

This is all old news NTL actually sorting 100meg to house and Bt are sorting fibre to the kurb which will give 20 times faster than standard adsl(good for people with fibre to kurb(bt box) already which mean no wait and can order).

Also korea have had 1gig download speed for over 1 year to house holds and just shows how far we are behind these places.

come on NTL cant deliver a 512k connection most of the time, what chance a 50mb one?

I've never had a problem with NTL though I understand that they are also known as NTHELL. I must be one of the lucky ones. :)

I know what you mean Jack - Im with AOSmell and Ive never (touch wood) had a problem that was AOL related - BT cocking up yes but not AOL (BT decided that Number 23 was more deserving than number22 [where I live] to recieve the DSL line that I'd paid for)

I know what you mean Jack - Im with AOSmell and Ive never (touch wood) had a problem that was AOL related - BT cocking up yes but not AOL (BT decided that Number 23 was more deserving than number22 [where I live] to recieve the DSL line that I'd paid for)

Im on Aol and recently got a upgrade to 2.5meg from 1meg but recently they been messing and pushing it to see how much i can get recently had it up to 4meg but they put it back down so must be just testing

My mate at work was with AOL and his 12 month contract just finished with them and he left. He said that six months into the contract, he came back from holiday to find that he couldn't get onto the net. He had loads of conversations with them over the phone to try and fix the problem but they couldn't sort it out. They ended up admitting defeat and left him with no connection but insisted that he had to continue paying until the contract ran it's course. He paid them for six months when they weren't even fulfilling their end of the contract. He's more forgiving than me. I'd have done my best to find a way out of that one.

How big of a difference are the higher speeds? Are the servers you are uploading from fast enough to make a difference? How often is your download times as fast as what your top level is? We're looking to change our cable provider, so I've been curious if I really need more than 1.5.

How big of a difference are the higher speeds? Are the servers you are uploading from fast enough to make a difference? How often is your download times as fast as what your top level is? We're looking to change our cable provider, so I've been curious if I really need more than 1.5.

It depends on what you intend to download. On 2.5mb I can download a 12gb HD movie overnight. These coem off at full speed from newsgroups which could easily copy with the emerging 8, 16 and 24mb services. Just think, a HD film in only a couple of hours. nice.

If however you use torrents, don't bother, stick with 1.5mb as you are limited by the people who actually have the files.

It depends on what you intend to download. On 2.5mb I can download a 12gb HD movie overnight. These coem off at full speed from newsgroups which could easily copy with the emerging 8, 16 and 24mb services. Just think, a HD film in only a couple of hours. nice.

If however you use torrents, don't bother, stick with 1.5mb as you are limited by the people who actually have the files.

I have to dissagree with you on the torrent side because i no quiet a few people that share stuff threw torrent and they have 10meg upload speed and this is something like 100 people and i mean 10meg as a adverage some are slower and some are higher.

Also depends if you want to download loads of files over night at once then the faster connections be better because all stuff be finished (fingers crossed) by morning

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.