SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Gomaa Wants Move To Ewood.

den

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is insane! We have enough central defenders, when Nelsen is back we will have two international class ones!

I agree Hughes must be insane if he wants to improve his defence! :wstu:

Nelsen is injured, Ooijer looks dodgy, Hughes obviously dislikes Todd, Neill wants off, Matteo is just utter dogpoo, and Henchoz's face is still too red. I'd say if this Egyptian guy is any good, then he could be a brilliant signing.

As for the strikers Joey, I disagree that we are sorted in this department too. McCarthy looks pretty average to me, Nonda works hard but has struggled to score (and is only on loan), Jeffers is clearly not a first-eleven striker, Roberts is injured, and Gallagher is presumably having it off with Hughesy's wife.

Yes a quality midfielder is a priority, and I'd be very surprised if MH didn't agree. But to disregard the signing of two other departments just because they are 'better off' than the midfield would be very foolish. And I'd be very surprised if Hughes didn't agree with that too.

A pretty fair summary IHB except that I feel that Oojier improves every game, you have ignored Zurab and in my opinion McCarthy is a bit better than average.

We can though improve in both the positions you refer to. However I do believe that left back and central midfield remain our priorities if we assume that Neill and Todd will be off in January.

I do also believe that any player in any position who can improve the team at a reasonable price should be brought in, it's common sense to me. That's why I am in favour of bringing in Gomaa if he is better than we already have. I've never seen him play so I cannot comment further.

The 2nd leg of the Asian champions league final was on Eurosport last weekend. I accidentally turned it on and noticed Gomaa was playing. I didn't watch for long (got bored) but he didn't look any better than what we have already. The commentator said that he will win everything in the air but is uncomfortable on the ground.

The LT today suggested that MH might well want Gomaa back for another trial-the 1st paragraph suggested MH was impressed with him, whilst a later quote from MH said "........he did OK.........."

The paper also suggested any move for him could depend on Neill and Todd moving.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.