BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Oh Boy, I'm Not Too Sure I'm Excited About This....

Does anyone here own shares in a club? I see you can buy shares in Milwall for 0.03p a share. So just £1 will buy you 3,333 shares and £30.01 will by you 100,000 shares in the club. I'm tempted to buy some just so I can say I own 100,000 shares in a football club. If some American/Russian investor ever comes in to take them over - probably even make a small profit.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the ideal way this could happen is if a wealthy group of people, or person, who are not asset strippers come in and spend a bit of money (not the sort that would buy Christiano Ronaldo) in order to push on to a regular challenge for a Champions League spot. Add to this more cautious, gradual growth is John Williams in something resembling his current role. Or in other words, some money comes in and builds up the club without some Vladimir Romanov styled meddling and staff turn over, or players only coming in because of the £200,000 p/w wages.

Does anyone here own shares in a club? I see you can buy shares in Milwall for 0.03p a share. So just £1 will buy you 3,333 shares and £30.01 will by you 100,000 shares in the club. I'm tempted to buy some just so I can say I own 100,000 shares in a football club. If some American/Russian investor ever comes in to take them over - probably even make a small profit.

The trust own something like 97% of the shares. When JW took over, he wanted to buy as many shares as possible but understood if supprters wanted the odd share or so.

The Directors each own 25. I own 1!

That is a very different proposition to a whopping great for sale sign and being open to the first passing yank or sheikh.

I saw an interview last night with Liverpool's first passing yank, and I now know more about the ambitions and strategy of LFC than I do of BRFC. Investing for the long term, conducting market research with the fans on what they want from their new stadium etc etc. Plus I was able to form my opinion as to the cut of his jib; a luxury we don't have for ourselves. Of course he and his buddy are in it to make a profit, but I'll wager LFC will be better off under their stewardship than not.

Meanwhile, I'll content myself with picking over our equivalent of the Rosetta Stone issued six years ago. If our owners consisted of Jimmy Hoffa, Lord Lucan and Shergar, I'm not sure I would spot the difference.

Broken record I know before you all tell me, but it bugs me every time I see the positive impact of someone else's visible, dynamic ownership.

My dad bought a load of shares in Millwall when they were considerably more expensive than this. We tried everything to make it work, from buying the replica shirt to voodoo chanting, but they have never repaid the faith. I think they're being passed on to me, so I hope one day to own the whole thing. I reckon for £20 we might sell though. Submit some sort of business plan and I'll have a word :)

Archived