BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Oh Boy, I'm Not Too Sure I'm Excited About This....

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think what he said was that the board wouldnt rule out a big investor - a question which he must get asked all the time.

So, all the press twist it to read that ROVERS ARE ON THE LOOK OUT FOR A MONEY MAN.

I think they would only consider a takeover as a last resort and for the right reasons. Its not like we are in the poo. I wouldnt say no though if someone wanted to buy us Kaka and Ronnydinio :lol:

So, all the press twist it to read that ROVERS ARE ON THE LOOK OUT FOR A MONEY MAN.

No, it does say "have held preliminary discussions with interested parties from home and abroad"

That sounds to me like the trust are trying to 'Offload' the club.

No, it does say "have held preliminary discussions with interested parties from home and abroad"

Oh, fair do's. An interview I read didnt say that

Couldn't blame the trust administrators if they were.

from one of the related links...

"Billinaire Hunt has been regularly linked with English clubs, including Manchester City, but he added: "I heard about those rumours, but I'm not buying City. However, I'm keeping an eye on the Premier League. Television, a strong global brand and a loyal fan base make these clubs very attractive. "

I guess that lets us out then. :brfc:

This sets the context

I think its extremely important that we appreciate the context, and the tribal football article is clearly quoting out of context. If williams is to be believed (and i do), then we should take heart. He's gone on record as saying that we'll not sell to any tom, dick or harry who's trying to make a quick buck. We want someone who is able to not only financially support, but also have the necessary desire to push us forward. While it can be taken by some to just be the usual PR rubbish, i don't for one second doubt that the strictest of compliance checks on moral and financial grounds will be done on any potential buyers.

Old news really. This has been ongoing for at least a couple of years. The club were told by the Jersey trust, that they must find new investment. Now before everyone becomes aghast at that, the Trustees remain firmly behind the club with no small amount of annual cash. That doesn't mean though, that the trust sees a [as was] struggling football club, as the best way to spend their money. Add to that, if we're all honest, the right investor would be of greater benefit to Rovers than the Walker trust ever can.

I think when if we ever did get taken over by a foreign investor, I might just consider scrapping supporting Rovers altogether. I would have thought we will be one of the last Premiership clubs to be taken over, but even so, it just goes against everything that our club is about. I don't want to have to pay to watch a bunch of mercenaries merely playing for money in what is basically going to be a poker-style contest amongst the world's richest football club owners.

You sort of half expect it with the likes of Chelsea, United and Liverpool, but not little old Rovers.

I just wonder where it's all going. Not only do I fail to understand what our club could offer to a potential investor, but I can't see how there is going to be any greater competition in the Premiership because soon we're all going to bankrolled by some sugar-daddy anyway.

It's getting boring enough as it is, but I think the day that every Premiership football club is owned by a mega-rich foreign owner, is the day that English football will crumble to it's knees.

.... but I think the day that every Premiership football club is owned by a mega-rich foreign owner, is the day that English football will crumble to it's knees.

And if the past teaches us anything........... the day after that happens the Walker Trust will buy it back for next to sod all. :tu:

I'm afraid that whether you like it or not we're not "little old Rovers" anymore. There is a Rich List of world football clubs and reports are that next year we will be in the top 20 of the "Richest" clubs in the World thanks to this new TV deal.

There are only the likes of Barca and Real and a couple of Italian clubs that will break the monopoly of an English Top 20.

I think this would be great if the board pick out the right man for the job, which I'm sure they will. With regards to IHB's fears, if you look at a club like Aston Villa there has been virtually no change apart from the fact that they now have the ability to go out and spend more on fees and wages. If we can bring in an investor like that then I think it would have a hugely positive effect on the club.

. I don't want to have to pay to watch a bunch of mercenaries merely playing for money in what is basically going to be a poker-style contest amongst the world's richest football club owners.

but every footballer these days are just that i'm afraid.

The way football is shaping up we have little choice but to seek a big money backer. If not then we run the risk of slipping down the football ladder. We have the great situation of the Trust giving us enough backing to keep things as they are until a suitable investor comes along.

While i am not happy with all the clubs having investors if we are to keep up with them we have to do it.

I'm afraid that whether you like it or not we're not "little old Rovers" anymore. There is a Rich List of world football clubs and reports are that next year we will be in the top 20 of the "Richest" clubs in the World thanks to this new TV deal.

There are only the likes of Barca and Real and a couple of Italian clubs that will break the monopoly of an English Top 20.

I don't doubt what you say. however what I don't get is that if we were one of the 25 richest clus in the world, with more money than most for transfer fees and wages thanks to this TV deal, why would we need to look for an investor?

i dont want one, id rather stay as we are

these billionaires are destroying football

Absolutely. I'd rather we dropped a division than become some rich fool's toy.

Were we to be taken over by another Jack-like figure, that'd be great, but a Glazer/Eggertson/Abramovic? Nah, they can stick their money!

Williams "Has anyone expressed an interest in buying Blackburn?

We have had a number of expressions of interests, both from home and abroad, and there have been preliminary meetings. But, ultimately, that decision will come down to the trustees, who are the shareholders. As I said, to move the club from here to the next level is going to need a very serious investment and that would take a very special type of owner."

Doesn't sound to have been any concrete interest.

Investment into the club to take us forward and sustain us at the next level, I'm all for that. The only thing I'm worried about is losing JW as chairman, and hopefully we stay clear of what's happened at Hearts if a backer is found.

Just remember, in owning MLS clubs, the Hunts have experience in owning clubs that aren't instant money makers, and would come in with the most realistic of expectations.

As for Abbey's post, spot on.

Were we to be taken over by another Jack-like figure, that'd be great, but a Glazer/Eggertson/Abramovic? Nah, they can stick their money!

You can't be serious.

if we droped down a division, we would be even further behined the top 4, so that is nonsence. We must stay in the prem to have any chance of catching the big 4 in england

You can't be serious.

if we droped down a division, we would be even further behined the top 4, so that is nonsence. We must stay in the prem to have any chance of catching the big 4 in england

If we dropped a division we'd be down with Preston, Wolves, etc. One round of boom and bust billionnaire mismanagement we could be "doing a Leeds".

So yes I am serious.

Edit: typo

Archived