BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fight Night

just got yesterday,cant believe how much ricky hatton looks like him in the graphics anyone any tips?

I had this on the PS2 and it is a good game but does get repetitive after a while however, on saying this I was always saying "just one more fight, just one more" before I knew it I had been on it an extra hour from when I said I was going to turn it off.

I really wanted to get it on the PS3 but with the PS3 and 360 versions being near identical in gameplay to that of the PS2 I thought I would just wait for the next one to come out.

Tips you say. The best tip I can give for this is not to rush in. When I first played it I was flying in with a barrage of punches and by round 4 I was wrecked and got a hammering. Depending on who your fighting they will all do different things but they will do the same thing over and over. Some keep their guard up throughout so you just have to keep bobbing and weaving until they drop it then you can pummel them with a haymaker. Some just fly at you so when they do this just back off or side step and then knock seven bells out of em. If your stuck in a corner try a cheeky headbut to get you out of it. Dont do too many though cos you will be disqualified.

Also, never skip the training because you build your self up more by doing it. Even if it becomes boring after a while

Manage your fights, tailor your style to your opponent. If he's a slugger, you want to keep out of the way or be mindful with your guard. Never throw a haymaker or heavy punch if your opponent is in a position to counter it. Learn to counter punch effectively and work your haymaker into your countering technique. When your opponent tires, he is less likely to be able to counter your big punches. Be mindful of this. Work the jab but don't waste energy, don't hit the air and don't keep pounding his guard. Shots to the body is money in the bank! Remember that! Work the body and your opponent will slow down and open his defenses and you can get to his head. And keep moving, a static target is easier to hit.

Guest Kamy100

I had this when I had a 360 and now have it on the PS3.

One of the best games that I have ever played, it looks and plays very realisitic, especially love the way the damage on the boxer's face is replicated.

Tips are as per what Shevchenko said, gotta keep moving, tailor your style to the opponent and deffo make use of the jab and body shots. Online is also very good but for "newbies" it can be very daunting as most the players on there have had the game for nearly 18 months so will beat you to a pulp.

Guest Kamy100

Oooooooowwwwww fighting talk, I like it, so I will say

"I'm not the greatest; I'm the double greatest. Not only do I knock 'em out, I pick the round. "

Oooooooowwwwww fighting talk, I like it, so I will say

"I'm not the greatest; I'm the double greatest. Not only do I knock 'em out, I pick the round. "

Yes but I fly like a butterfly and sting like a bee - I dont care what you say you aint gonna catch me

Guest Kamy100

Ohhh so your getting all muhammed ali on me now:

"Now you see me, now you don't. Cocker thinks he will, but I know he won't!"

Guest Kamy100

:D Well you got me with that one, so I guess I will finish with

"If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize."

Doh!! Order already packing at play. Fingers crossed it will be here by Sat - I normally find them very good

Normally so do I but my last few orders have taken over a week which is most unlike them. Ordered something for me nad my girlfriend's anniversary from there (which was sat) and it's still not shown up! Bit annoyed but not completely put off them yet.

Anyway soz for going off-topic.

Cool, cool, look forward to playing you. If you want it cheaper and guranteed for delivery tomorrow then order from the link below, I use this company and they are superb:

http://www.shopto.net/page.php?page=dettag...;codart=PS3FI01

It turned up yesterday (along with the ear piece) Maybe get some time later today to go on but if not will try for sometime in the week :tu:

Guest Kamy100
It turned up yesterday (along with the ear piece) Maybe get some time later today to go on but if not will try for sometime in the week :tu:

Good playing you tonight, close fights, although in the second fight your really knocked my fighter around the ring, the damage on his face was gruesome!! Well played and definitely play you again soon.

Good playing you tonight, close fights, although in the second fight your really knocked my fighter around the ring, the damage on his face was gruesome!! Well played and definitely play you again soon.

Yeah, problem I had was my online controls are different to the main game. I have tried changing them but cant find the one I use in the main. Started to get used to what was going on a bit in that second fight.

I just wish there was an easier way to join in a game with your buddy list. They also need to sort out so you can go back to your messages while in a game - I bet we both went in and out a couple of times just to read you messages. Was going to get on you that chat instead of typing foooooooorever. Did you say your headset was bust? I was in chat with a couple of people the other night (discussing cheats on motorstorm) and someone had an eye toy plugged in and you could see them like a webcam which I thought was pretty cool

Well I can pretty much knock any computer opponent out in the first or second round on the 360 and I have only 1 defeat to my name on live. I absoloutly love this game by far the best on 360 since I bought it

Well I can pretty much knock any computer opponent out in the first or second round on the 360 and I have only 1 defeat to my name on live. I absoloutly love this game by far the best on 360 since I bought it

Are you playing on the easy difficulty level? The hard level should mean that the cpu player will block you in the early rounds so you cant knock him out.

Archived