BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Football Manager 2008

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not an official one, but there are loads of unofficial ones. Generally considered the best is FM Weegie Update, that's out on September 5th.

This one claims to be up to date, a lot of people seem to be using it but I'm going to wait for the Weegie update as they're very thorough.

SI, of course, are working on FM09.

Cheers LeChuck, good info. Will use the first link on the 5th.

Guest Kamy100
Hey, does anyone else have problems accessing FMweegie website? It seems to be down to me.

Any idea where is the next best update? Thanks.

The link below is based on the weegie update. The weegie update has loadsa mistakes and transfers missing, this guy has corrected all of it:

Weegie Update

The link below is based on the weegie update. The weegie update has loadsa mistakes and transfers missing, this guy has corrected all of it:

Weegie Update

Do you (or anyone) have an idiots step by step guide on how to get it working? Have extracted it to sportsinteractive/db etc but it does not show up when I start game or go to editor.

Guest Kamy100

You need to extract the database to My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2008\db folder. Then start new game, it should show up there, if not when you start the new game, where it says database click the arrow next to it and select this database.

That'd be 8.0.2, download it here: http://www.gamershell.com/download_23243.shtml

Fixes a lot of annoying issues, particularly the front-post corners bug.

Had that patch already but it didn't seem to make a difference. I have downloaded another database which was updated until halfway through august, I have finished it off myself with the prem transfers. Updated Rovers new away kit, tweeked Villanueva's attributes slightly & am ready to go.

Thanks for all the info LeChuck, Kamy etc.

tweeked Villanueva's attributes slightly

I used to do that on the older versions of championship manager when I felt people got Blackburn Rovers slightly wrong.

Of course I was never going too over the top to make it unrealisitic but i'm sure i'm not the only person who felt Darren Peacock deserved top marks for tackling, heading, marking and positioning and Ashley Ward top marks for composure and finishing.

• 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...

That'd be 8.0.2, download it here: <a href="http://www.gamershell.com/download_23243.shtml" target="_blank">http://www.gamershell.com/download_23243.shtml</a>

Fixes a lot of annoying issues, particularly the front-post corners bug.

It is an old version I know, but can anyone remember how to make this update work after downloading it? I've put it all over the place, but the datbase editor only comes up with the default database.

Archived