BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Football Manager 2008

So the demo is out now (7pm here! Hours of game time)

First impressions is that it looks a little different, but still comfortable.

Starting a game up with Rovers. We are projected 11th??????????????

Reid is not injured in the game as of this version, so you can start the game with him healthy. Berner is out though.

Projections:

1. ManU, 2. Chelsea, 3. Liverpool, 4. Arsenal, 5. Spurs, 6. Everton, 7. Bolton???????????? They could be a challenge in this game.

8. Pompey, 9. Villa, 10. Newcastle, 11. Us, 12. Boro, 13. Reading, 14. Citeh, 15. West Ham, 16. Sunderland, 17. Brum, 18. Fulham, 19. Derby, 20. Wigan. Some surprises I would say. Gotta wonder if any will change by the release.

We are 2.5 in the hole and have a budget of 6 million. Bowen wants us to improve on defense and like Savage.

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Never mind, I'm an idiot. The default is set to $$$. I may be an American, but I want my budget in pounds dang it. So we're down 1.18 and I have a budget of 3.87 after telling the board I expected a top-half finish. They really only want mid-table?

Here's a sample of Facegen for the leader of the Rovers supporters:

facegenmanyc0.jpg

I played my first friendly and beat Cercle Brugge 4-0 with all the goals in the first half with my first team. Injuries are still a part of the game as Bentley got hurt in training, but luckily I have Reid! ...or Dunn or Rigters. The match engine looks about the same and plays about the same. I think they monkeyed with the ball physics because they look different, especially on balls in the air. The game does flow decently and looks like players have a few more moves on the pitch. In the Intertoto I get the winner of Zagreb and St. Gallen and my opening Premiership fixtures are Grant-led Chelski and Arsenal. Yikes...

Spurs have already come in for Gamst... Go away!

Two seconds later they want Bentley! I think I will go yell at Jol now.

So I go criticize Jol. Brad and Gamst thought I was being unprofessional, but Benni thinks we have similar characters and thinks we can work well together on and off the pitch...

How good are our players, particularly Bentley, Santa Cruz, Benni and Samba?

Santa is better than Benni, but his stats are basically his Bayern ones, so he's pacy, but horrible in the air. Benni has poor finishing, worse than Roberts. Samba is a little better but still valued low. Bowen rates him about the same as Nelsen. Bentley is much better, a little bit higher than Gamst now. It's hard to make final judgements until you see the editor and the actual values entered for each player. Dunn is pretty good now.

Santa is better than Benni, but his stats are basically his Bayern ones, so he's pacy, but horrible in the air. Benni has poor finishing, worse than Roberts. Samba is a little better but still valued low. Bowen rates him about the same as Nelsen. Bentley is much better, a little bit higher than Gamst now. It's hard to make final judgements until you see the editor and the actual values entered for each player. Dunn is pretty good now.

Our -Players are again ######; they are constantly undervalued in terms of stats and value. I mean C . Samba valued at 400k? Virtually the whole of the first teams stats have not been updated since FM 06 its pure laziness and ineptness on behalf of the Blackburn researcher, who argued that olaf mellberg is better than our own admiral – what a Muppet.

I mean Bolton expected to finish 7th and us 11th ?

Then we have the club valued at only £18.5 million wtf, the Williams bid alone was worth over 40 . I have put my case forward on the FM forum, because im not going to let some Burnley fan imposing as a rovers researcher ruin the game. I ask anyone who plays to sign up and put a similar case forward on the official site here:

Rant about Rovers on FM 08

The underrating of our players is ridiculous, which is why I only play as us during the demo. Last year (basically the same stats) Rovers were predicted 7th, but always got relegated when I had the English leagues running. It's really depressing to see them still in the Championship 5 seasons later. I don't want to know how we will finish now that we are predicted 11th.

After two months in my game Samba is now valued at 1.75 million, so it should even out eventually, but Rigters shows us how embarrassing the reasearch and guidelines are. The NAC Breda guy gave him CA135 and PA 153, which seems about right for now, but he is almost a better winger than Bentley and arguably the best striker in the squad. (This can be good though, he scored a sweet equalizer against Chelsea for me)

Jol is still chasing Gamst hard, offering me Defoe straight up, but I don't need him if I have super-Rigters!

Now Sven has unsettled Bret. Stop trying to take all my players people.

Jol is still chasing Gamst hard, offering me Defoe straight up, but I don't need him if I have super-Rigters!

Now Sven has unsettled Bret. Stop trying to take all my players people.

Sounds like they have got it spot on to me

I have played to the end of the Demo, and can confirm that you need to be some-sort of miracle worker with the squad to do anything on FM 08. Instead of been top 6 candiaiates the squad in terms of value, stats and general quality is bottom 6 materials. This is mainly due to the fact that well over half the 1st team players stats haven’t been updated in over 2 years, and the likes of Samba, Warnock, Brad, Bentley & Savage are nowhere near the actual life levels. The game itself is as usual very good, but until we get someone doing the rovers research who actually watches Rovers, then as usual it’s a let-down if you decide to take-over rovers.

According to the game rovers are only worth £18.5 m as a club , in comparison to real life where we are worth 2.5 times that amount. Rovers are the worse researched club on the game as far as I can see.

I have played to the end of the Demo, and can confirm that you need to be some-sort of miracle worker with the squad to do anything on FM 08. Instead of been top 6 candiaiates the squad in terms of value, stats and general quality is bottom 6 materials. This is mainly due to the fact that well over half the 1st team players stats haven’t been updated in over 2 years, and the likes of Samba, Warnock, Brad, Bentley & Savage are nowhere near the actual life levels. The game itself is as usual very good, but until we get someone doing the rovers research who actually watches Rovers, then as usual it’s a let-down if you decide to take-over rovers.

According to the game rovers are only worth £18.5 m as a club , in comparison to real life where we are worth 2.5 times that amount. Rovers are the worse researched club on the game as far as I can see.

maybe they have made some alterations before the full game release?

the demo version is never final?

if this is the case at least it will be a challenge!

I've bought CM and FM since about 1997ish, however last year i really didn't have much of an interest so i got it via other means and played about 2 games into pre season and got bored.

I don't think it's the game that bores me, i think it's just playing the same format year after year and the increased social life. Si may well have seen the last of my money for FM.

Sounds like they have got it spot on to me

Sort of... Gamst and Bentley always get offered, which could be expected, but honestly, what would Sven do with Emerton? Even worse, Newcastle and Man City both asked about Savage. Seriously, when is that ever going to happen? Even though Bowen thinks that he is the best player on the team, I'm not sure any team would really try to buy Sav.

Archived