BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Winter Time

Why do we still have to put the bloody clocks back? I hate it with a vengeance. What good is an extra hour of daylight in the morning? Even Andrew Marr commented this morning that doing so increases the nations energy demands by 5%. Just think if we stayed with BST we could all get more powerful cars or fly abroad more with completely clear consciences !

It was introduced to allow Farmers to have more daylight, and there was an issue with kids being run over in the dark on the way to school.

Does mean an extra hour in bed, but I think in this day and age its just ######

:blink: The amount of daylight doesn't change one bit Flopsy.... it's only the clocks that do that! :rolleyes:

I know that, you know that, the genius' who organise this dont.

I presume its because that the farmers will be able to go and work in the light, whereas if the clocks dont go back, then the poor mites will ahve to bring the cows in in the dark

I presume its because that the farmers will be able to go and work in the light, whereas if the clocks dont go back, then the poor mites will ahve to bring the cows in in the dark

Yeah, plus the other thing would be that the farmers it's now light from say 6:30-6:30 rather than 7:30-7:30, so they can start workign earlier and be done earlier and do their other wrap up things and family things at night easier.

You'll have to try again Flops ..... dairy cows are kept inside in winter.

Whats your point Drog? Its Autumn. The clocks go back for farmers and kids going to school in the morning.

Why farmers need it to be light in the morning is, I presume because they need to tend to the animals, its hardly likely they need it to tend their crops now is it? What with it being winter and all according to yourself

Why farmers need it to be light in the morning is, I presume because they need to tend to the animals,

Good grief! :rolleyes: I can only repeat my earlier comment.........

"The amount of daylight doesn't change one bit Flopsy.... it's only the clocks that change!"

Morning to animals is when it comes daylight and NOT when some geeky anorak in Greenwich dictates. Problem is that most animals struggle to tell the time! I thought everybody knew that thats why you never see them wearing wrist watches Flopsy. :tu:

btw Are you sure that you passed your General Studies? :P

Why do we still have to put the bloody clocks back? I hate it with a vengeance. What good is an extra hour of daylight in the morning? Even Andrew Marr commented this morning that doing so increases the nations energy demands by 5%. Just think if we stayed with BST we could all get more powerful cars or fly abroad more with completely clear consciences !

Move over here to America and you could live another week without changing your clocks. We don't change until next Sunday.

Better yet, move to Arizona, we don't change our clocks at all. It's a bitch figuring out what time everyone else is though.

Good grief! :rolleyes: I can only repeat my earlier comment.........

"The amount of daylight doesn't change one bit Flopsy.... it's only the clocks that change!"

Morning to animals is when it comes daylight and NOT when some geeky anorak in Greenwich dictates. Problem is that most animals struggle to tell the time! I thought everybody knew that thats why you never see them wearing wrist watches Flopsy. :tu:

btw Are you sure that you passed your General Studies? :P

as usual you're being obtuse and awkward, and using :tu: doesnt move away from the fact.

You asked a question, I gave you the answer I was given when I asked, for school kids going to school and farmers. Why its something to do with the time and having light mornings - again youre right the time shouldnt matter, but I said that and reiterated the fact that

IT WAS FOR FARMERS

AND FOR SCHOOL KIDS

Why dont you wiki it if you give such a toss about it. Me I get an extra hour in bed and cycle to work in the light at 7:30 for a few extra weeks

depends what time I finish, and cycling to work in the light is much better for me than cycling home in the light.

I have the sneaking suspicion is that we get rid of BST because certain people want to have GMT for at least part of the year because it makes them feel special.

OH MY GOD. SOMEBODY CHANGED THE CLOCKS BY AN HOUR!!

I CAN'T COPE! CHANGES CHANGES CHANGES AAAAARGH

My opinion is it makes a change from a normal weekend (something to talk about; "Hurray, we get an extra hour in bed") and I get to go to work in daylight again (at least for a few weeks)

OH MY GOD. SOMEBODY CHANGED THE CLOCKS BY AN HOUR!!

I CAN'T COPE! CHANGES CHANGES CHANGES AAAAARGH

My opinion is it makes a change from a normal weekend (something to talk about; "Hurray, we get an extra hour in bed") and I get to go to work in daylight again (at least for a few weeks)

Back are you bucky? I thought you'd gone.

Archived