BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Man U Away, Trains?

sambo

I want to get a train away at Old Trafford,anyone know if a train stops near there on a sunday, and if so, how close and where to go from there?

Thanks #

If you get off at Victoria you can get a tram from the City to Trafford Bar, Warwick Road or the stop at Salford Quays whose name escapes me.

Get the train to Victoria, wander up Deansgate, have a beer, then get a taxi to Old Trafford (£10ish) easiest option.

can always change at bolton and go straight to deansgate, its a good walk from victoria on the sly

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but the trams are going to be disrupted on Sunday.

Between 10-12 or 1 (i couldn't quite read the sign) there will be no trams passing through the city centre. This is because the Remembrance Sunday event which happens at St Peters Square.

This means that there is going to be no trams between Piccadilly Gardens and the G-Mex/Deansgate.

After this time there will be normal sunday service, but there will more than likely be delays (just for a change!)

Change at Salford Crescent for Deansgate. Buses go to OT from there (10 mins) or walk.

If you don't want to risk the crap service via Darwen, there is an excellent airport express service from Preston to Deansgate that only makes about 3 stops.

A good alternative.

:brfc:

Archived