BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rainbow Six : Vegas 2

I have yet to play it (that will be fixed tomorrow when I pick mine up) but from what I understand its pretty much the same as the first one which for me is no bad thing.

Hopefully one thing that will improve is the co-op. As I understand it you can play right through the main story this time with a buddy (last time you kind of could be it just felt watered down from the main 1 player)

Anyway, I think this is a must.

Just been playing the co-op game with a mate and loving it. I loved the first one anyway so didnt want anything to change but the tweeks they have made (things like being able to run for a start and entering a co-op game easier) make this a must have for me.

Don't know if its the game but we both had headsets on and it didnt cut out once (like it did on the old one)

I like it. Haven't played much but it seems almost identical to the last one. Some very bad slowdown in a couple of rooms, which is weird. Also, the achievement for getting the Private rank doesn't pop up if you've already played the first game - you get a free promotion and skip past it. I want my achievement!

I like it. Haven't played much but it seems almost identical to the last one. Some very bad slowdown in a couple of rooms, which is weird. Also, the achievement for getting the Private rank doesn't pop up if you've already played the first game - you get a free promotion and skip past it. I want my achievement!

I deleted the old game saves when I traded it (i do that with all trade ins) Just seen that you can order your team around with voice commands - think you could do it in the old one too but never tried it.

Anyone having trouble with this?

On mine, it goes inexplicably jerky sometimes - like 2 frames per second - then I get killed and it starts working normally again.

A couple of times, the team orders buttons vanished so I couldn't get them to go anywhere.

Terrorist Hunt mode seems broken - you make a noise and every enemy in the level swarms towards you, so you can complete the whole thing by waiting in a corner and aiming at the door.

I don't think they spent much time debugging this thing.

Anyone having trouble with this?

On mine, it goes inexplicably jerky sometimes - like 2 frames per second - then I get killed and it starts working normally again.

A couple of times, the team orders buttons vanished so I couldn't get them to go anywhere.

Terrorist Hunt mode seems broken - you make a noise and every enemy in the level swarms towards you, so you can complete the whole thing by waiting in a corner and aiming at the door.

I don't think they spent much time debugging this thing.

I am not having those problems to be honest. All seems to work fine from here - loving online co-op the most - not getting any lag in that at all

It's pretty much the same as the first one with different levels and a few more weapons, total rip off but I loved the first one and was always going to get the sequel. They should have flogged it for half the price cos they really haven't done anything radical. And yes I've had framerate issues at times and the AI is still a bit wobbly. The hard level is just TOO hard - they're like Olympic Gold medal snipers, yeah like anyone can kill someone with one shot from a pistol from 40 yards, get real!

Other than that online is great, the ranking and points thing is nice and it gives me something to play until GTA4.

Just played most of it and beat it with a friend on Co-Op story mode. Having never played the first I really enjoyed this one. The controls were easy to use and adjust too, and the story wasn't bad at all.

My other two friends beat it on Co-Op as well but used system link and not split screen like I did with my other floormate. They didn't get nearly as many achievements so if you're into that, be wary because a lot of things won't count. IE: beating the game on realistic.

Sounds like i should just buy the first one and save me some cash :lol:

I think you were joking hence the smiley but I really would still recommend them both. The thing is that if you have been playing something like COD 4 or Half Life and then you go back to the first Rainbow 6 Vegas it can sometimes seem very slow - as there isn't a run button. This is where the second one improves as they have added a run feature. This may sound like a silly gripe but it does make a big difference. My main love for this game is the cover system. For all the brilliance of COD 4 I really felt like it lacked such a cover system - you are a crack sas guy and the only way you can see round a corner is to run out in the middle of the street for all to see. ALL FPS games should have a cover system now - no excuse.

Something to point out with the rainbow 6 games is that there are no cut scenes as such. The game just flows with the story being told as your playing it so those buying this game with the thought of some grand movie scenes as in cod 4 will be disappointed.

Thats all :rolleyes:

I think you were joking hence the smiley but I really would still recommend them both. The thing is that if you have been playing something like COD 4 or Half Life and then you go back to the first Rainbow 6 Vegas it can sometimes seem very slow - as there isn't a run button. This is where the second one improves as they have added a run feature. This may sound like a silly gripe but it does make a big difference. My main love for this game is the cover system. For all the brilliance of COD 4 I really felt like it lacked such a cover system - you are a crack sas guy and the only way you can see round a corner is to run out in the middle of the street for all to see. ALL FPS games should have a cover system now - no excuse.

Something to point out with the rainbow 6 games is that there are no cut scenes as such. The game just flows with the story being told as your playing it so those buying this game with the thought of some grand movie scenes as in cod 4 will be disappointed.

Thats all :rolleyes:

So basically, you're forking out 50 - 60 quid for the same game with more boring visuals and...a sprint feature. Which should have been in the first one anyway.

Pretty much all the reviews I've seen or heard (official gamer sites and from consumers) lead me to decide not to spend money on this one.

WOW....For 2 days now I have been getting pasted on the refinery level. I have been getting so hammered I have been shouting and swearing at the telly. I just got to the last bit before my checkpoint tonight and 3 guys came running at me and a guy jumped on a turret - I could have cried. All I could do (and this is the truth) was to shout out loud "PLEASE DON'T NO NO NO" and shut one eye and threw a flame grenade. Luckily it got the guys running at me and then I could pick off the turret guy.

Loving the challenge here.

• 2 weeks later...

How did you get past the helicopter? I can make it fire its missiles but then somebody throws a grenade at me and I die. If I run out across the tennis courts, I get shot.

Totally infuriating. I must have failed more than 20 times so I just gave up and went back to earlier levels to do some levelling up.

How did you get past the helicopter? I can make it fire its missiles but then somebody throws a grenade at me and I die. If I run out across the tennis courts, I get shot.

Totally infuriating. I must have failed more than 20 times so I just gave up and went back to earlier levels to do some levelling up.

There were earlier levels that made me swear at the telly quite a bit but I didn't find this one too bad. What I did was to crouch behind the pillar at the right of the tennis court. Dont go down the side though as guys may rope down the building. Pretty much ignore the guys on the tennis court - unless they get a bit too close for comfort and just go all out on the chopper peeping out from cover when you can. After a while they will say they are going for help on the radio or something from here just clean out the rest of the guys on the court - you don’t have to worry about shooting the chopper anymore. When the chopper stops firing though this is when it will shoot the rockets. Stand still for a moment and then sprint to where the rockets aren’t going (sounds easy eh) after a while the chopper will be taken down and you can carry on across the court.

Don’t know if your on the PS3 version but if you start to get really stuck I can come in and help you if you want.

Finished it on Friday afternoon, really enjoyed this game and was suprised by how long it actually was, in comparison to COD4 anyhow. Although I do agree with you about the ending Cocker!

The part at the refinery was the most frustating I found, I must have had to play it 20 times to progress past the guys after entering the buliding :(

The end part was also very annoying, especially trying to get into the bloody tennis court :lol:

Bring on GTAIV now though B)

(M-K @ Apr 14 2008, 11:56 )

There were earlier levels that made me swear at the telly quite a bit but I didn't find this one too bad. What I did was to crouch behind the pillar at the right of the tennis court. Dont go down the side though as guys may rope down the building. Pretty much ignore the guys on the tennis court - unless they get a bit too close for comfort and just go all out on the chopper peeping out from cover when you can. After a while they will say they are going for help on the radio or something from here just clean out the rest of the guys on the court - you don’t have to worry about shooting the chopper anymore. When the chopper stops firing though this is when it will shoot the rockets. Stand still for a moment and then sprint to where the rockets aren’t going (sounds easy eh) after a while the chopper will be taken down and you can carry on across the court.

Don’t know if your on the PS3 version but if you start to get really stuck I can come in and help you if you want.

I did this again last night to see if it was a fluke the first time round and no, I walked through it again. Some of the earlier levels were much harder. What I will say though is load the gun that holds 100 bullets (cant remember what its called) and equip the recoil to it. Follow the above and crouch behind the pillar to the right of the tennis court ignoring the guys and just keep firing at the helicopter until your guys come on the radio - you then dont need to shoot at it again. Once it move just run round the corner and get ready to shoot the guys on the court. After a few go down the chopper will fire a rocket at you which takes ages to reach you so you have loads of time to get out the way. Again just crouch when thats gone and take the guys out on the tennis court. When the copper fires a rocket next it will be going to your right as your looking at the tennis court which will blow a hole in the fence allowing you to run through and into the hut to finish the level (when in the hut just crouch at the door and keep shooting)

Hope that helps anyway.

Thanks! That explains a lot - I kept dying because I was trying to get to the tennis courts after the first missiles fired. The guys on the court would always throw a grenade if I waited too long behind the pillars near the wall.

I'm on the 360 version, otherwise I'd radio you for some assistance!

Archived