BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Hd Lcd Tvs

Guest Kamy100

Yup 720p is much better than 1080i, particularly for games which are fast moving. With 1080i it may look a little bit better but the blurring etc is pain in the arse, plus if you read what the HD set has to do to process an i(interclated) signal for me shows that were possible always use p(progressive) setting particularly for gaming. Most games are developed at 720p so that is the optimum setting. Maybe watching Blue Ray movies at 1080i is better as most movies aren't full of fast moving scenes so they benefit from the extra resolution.

Anyone interested enough, to have thoughts on what to set your HD box to? I've had mine running at 1080i since I got HD, but recently I've been running on 720p, simply because it's a progressive scan. It does seem to be better on that output. Maybe you people just have better things to worry about? :D

So which output do you have your box set to, - and why?

OK, I set it to 720p for a few days, and watched a couple of games of footy and a couple of the Stanford 20-20s on that setting.

I've gone back to 1080i ... which I think I slightly prefer - although I honestly can't see much difference!

Perhaps I need new specs??!

OK, I set it to 720p for a few days, and watched a couple of games of footy and a couple of the Stanford 20-20s on that setting.

I've gone back to 1080i ... which I think I slightly prefer - although I honestly can't see much difference!

Perhaps I need new specs??!

No you don't Tris. TBH, there's very little difference to me. I just think the 720p setting, being progressive, makes the colours look a little "fuller".

Having said that, if someone changed the setting without telling me, I probably wouldn't know. :lol:

Archived