BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Train Station For Rovers

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Because if you don't limit the parking round houses the residents can't park there. There aren't many spaces where that wouldn't apply, and the other spaces- the ones which the club owns, should be returning a profit for the club. Land owned by others- should be up to them how much parking costs.

Theres loads of parking places in non residential areas thats free and legal around ewood and lower darwen and where there are houses they have permit only parking.So if its free and legal whats the point or legality of charging.?

Theres loads of parking places in non residential areas thats free and legal around ewood and lower darwen and where there are houses they have permit only parking.So if its free and legal whats the point or legality of charging.?

There isnt one Abbey, and I dont think Jan has said there is.

Scotch, this thread is in the ICBiNF forum somewhere...

Personally I don't have a problem with parking... For those who are able to, park up on the roads around the Manxman and walk down (10 minutes). Easy and free...

I haven't walked that way for some time but if I rem correctly the footpaths need some attention and money spending on them.

Wasnt a prob when we won the league.

Was there more Rovers fans actually living in the town during that period compared to now ?

There seems to have been a drift away from Blackburn in recent years commented on by Jack Straw by using the term 'white flight' (philipl etc.,).

During that period could you not park anywhere without a residents permit correct me if i'm wrong.

Take your point about the glory hunters though.

Wasnt a prob when we won the league.

It was Abbey. I rem the police handing out parking tickets like confetti along the stretch from the canal bridge t't th'Avvy during those first few years in the Prem. The streets around Ewood where supporters ahd parked for years were similarly turned into residents only parking areas with no provision offered for alternative parking by the divisive sods on the council who instead spent squillions in other areas of the town to buy/guarantee votes. <_<

Almost 30 years in the doldrums, rescued only by the benevolence of a man who had already put more money into Blackburn itself than anybody in the 20th century and the snidey residents, scheming politico's and overeager police wreaked as much damage to our new found supporters as they possibly could. :angry:

Was there more Rovers fans actually living in the town during that period compared to now ?

There seems to have been a drift away from Blackburn in recent years commented on by Jack Straw by using the term 'white flight' (philipl etc.,).

During that period could you not park anywhere without a residents permit correct me if i'm wrong.

Take your point about the glory hunters though.

ive parked in same spot or my dad did too on /off for 20 years. no probs always room,not saying where tho haha.

It was Abbey. I rem the police handing out parking tickets like confetti along the stretch from the canal bridge t't th'Avvy. The streets around Malvern Av similarly turned into residents parking areas.

Almost 30 years in the doldrums, rescued only by the benevolence of a man who had already put more money into Blackburn itself than anybody in the 20th century and the snidey residents and overeager police wreaked as much damage to our new found supporters as they possibly could. :angry:

gord,weve had big gates ,not many granted,theres never been a prob parking for free even since the permits started.

Including Wembley and the Millenium I'd wager.

As far as I'm aware, there isn't any free parking within a 2 mile radius of Wembley. Loads of pay parking though. some you can even get out of the same day you went in, if you leave early...........

Including Wembley and the Millenium I'd wager.

Theno,

That's two posts you've ended with "I'd wager." Stop talking and get yourself down the betting shop old bean. :rolleyes:

Paul has concisely explained why there will not be a train station next to Ewood. It will only be used 20+ afternoons or evenings a year. So it's a non-starter.

Same with the parking really. The 20 and a bit home games, which take up maybe 4-5 hours each out of a year cannot really be use to over-ride normal parking restrictions. The exception is those roads where residents can normally expect to be able to park up outside their houses, but on match days may be forced to go quite a distance away if they drive off at the wrong time.

You might say that it's their tough luck to buy a house near Ewood. They may say that it's their tough luck to have Rovers' fans who are too idle to walk 10 minutes every couple of weeks.

Whatever, unless you have a mobility problem there is really no excuse for whinging about parking in Blackburn. I've never had to park more than 10 minutes away from Ewood for 20 years.

Theno,

That's two posts you've ended with "I'd wager." Stop talking and get yourself down the betting shop old bean. :rolleyes:

Paul has concisely explained why there will not be a train station next to Ewood. It will only be used 20+ afternoons or evenings a year. So it's a non-starter.

Same with the parking really. The 20 and a bit home games, which take up maybe 4-5 hours each out of a year cannot really be use to over-ride normal parking restrictions. The exception is those roads where residents can normally expect to be able to park up outside their houses, but on match days may be forced to go quite a distance away if they drive off at the wrong time.

You might say that it's their tough luck to buy a house near Ewood. They may say that it's their tough luck to have Rovers' fans who are too idle to walk 10 minutes every couple of weeks.

Whatever, unless you have a mobility problem there is really no excuse for whinging about parking in Blackburn. I've never had to park more than 10 minutes away from Ewood for 20 years.

this thread should be renamed Top Gear

:lol:

It was Abbey. I rem the police handing out parking tickets like confetti along the stretch from the canal bridge t't th'Avvy during those first few years in the Prem. The streets around Ewood where supporters ahd parked for years were similarly turned into residents only parking areas with no provision offered for alternative parking by the divisive sods on the council who instead spent squillions in other areas of the town to buy/guarantee votes. <_<

Almost 30 years in the doldrums, rescued only by the benevolence of a man who had already put more money into Blackburn itself than anybody in the 20th century and the snidey residents, scheming politico's and overeager police wreaked as much damage to our new found supporters as they possibly could. :angry:

thenodrog I'm not trying to have a go at you but this really is a load of old codswallop. During Jack's era thousands of extra cars descended on the Ewood area for a home game, If I'd been a resident I'd have expected the council to do something about it, as would you if it was outside your house. Parking in the area was perfectly adequate for around 345 days a year yet you expect the council to provide extra space for 20 days. If they did I know what you're rant would be. I'm not sure when the council introduced resident's parking but I suspect it was quite late in the day, if not after the glory years.

Precisely. For years we parked on Albion Road CP for +/- £50 / season when it was run by Rovers Youth Aid - cheap, close and a very good cause run by fans for the youth of the town. Now we park at the back of Witton Mill for £3 / match and a bottle of wine for the guy on the gate at Christmas - to thank him for keeping us a spot whenever it's busy. Not exactly difficult is it?

The one thing which one could hope to have improved is the traffic flow on Livesey Branch Road. If the police took proper control of the Feniscowles mini-roundabout and the next set of lights we'd all clear the area much faster.

Load of rubbish. If you live in a residential area next to a football ground you have to make allowances for match days. I used to live on a main north/south route that was continuously blocked up. I made allowances for it and worked out how to miss the traffic - not too difficult. I have also lived very close to a football ground, absolutely no problem. You know when the matches are so you can make allowances. It's only for a few hours now and again for goodness' sake.

I'm still annoyed that Uncle Jack's statue is not properly lit. I believe the excuse is that it will affect the residents. Load of bunkum. Bit of stratigically placed uplighting wouldn't affect them at all. :angry:

(think I've just had a Victor Meldrew moment...)

thenodrog I'm not trying to have a go at you but this really is a load of old codswallop. During Jack's era thousands of extra cars descended on the Ewood area for a home game, If I'd been a resident I'd have expected the council to do something about it, as would you if it was outside your house. Parking in the area was perfectly adequate for around 345 days a year yet you expect the council to provide extra space for 20 days. If they did I know what you're rant would be. I'm not sure when the council introduced resident's parking but I suspect it was quite late in the day, if not after the glory years.

ONLY if I'd bought the house pre 1890! :P Remember football clubs can go up as well as down.

btw Have you forgotten that it was the council who severely and short sightedly reduced the car parks at Ewood by

1. taking the hugely unpopular decision to import and support a shed load of gypsies. (An example if ever there was one of the fallasy that is perpetuated that this is in any way a democratic country.)

2. To landscape the remaining area in such a way that approx 20 metres of parking all around the outside and a lump in the middle was covered in earth and trees.

btw I'm not sure about this but is there a skid pan still there?

colin,do you deal with lights in mancster??

whoever gave permission for a roadside ad board at the lights near piccadilly wants shooting and the entire contents ramming up their you know what.some idiot decided its ok to place the ad in full view of the entire lights ,so you cant see them when turning right in a HGV. you need to go on the junction blocking the crossing for pedestrians just to know when they are on red.

Archived