BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Train Station For Rovers

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm still wondering why Jim hasn't been on to tell us there is no such thing as a train station!!!

Thank you for the cue.

Ahem ...... there is no such thing in Britain as a "train" station. Train station is an American term.

In Britain they are called railway stations.

And sadly, for the record, if the authorities refuse to spend £8m on redoubling part of the Blackburn - Bolton line to allow increased train (correct) services, there is no way they will be willing to spend x millions on a small halt for Ewood Park.

This is Mrs Thatcher's car society.

Load of rubbish. If you live in a residential area next to a football ground you have to make allowances for match days. I used to live on a main north/south route that was continuously blocked up. I made allowances for it and worked out how to miss the traffic - not too difficult. I have also lived very close to a football ground, absolutely no problem. You know when the matches are so you can make allowances. It's only for a few hours now and again for goodness' sake.

I'm still annoyed that Uncle Jack's statue is not properly lit. I believe the excuse is that it will affect the residents. Load of bunkum. Bit of stratigically placed uplighting wouldn't affect them at all. :angry:

(think I've just had a Victor Meldrew moment...)

Good point roversmum, hopefully they will be costing that into next years budget, by the way why arent there two large christmas trees decorated in blue and white lights outside the ground one Darwen end side the other Blackburn end side.

If you live in a residential area next to a football ground you have to make allowances for match days.

That just reminded me of the woman who tried (unsucessfully) to sue Man United when they increased their capacity last time. She had just bought a house on one of the streets around Old Trafford, and claimed that the increase in capacity had made her life worse. The fact she'd just chose to live next to a 75,000 seater stadium was just a coincidence of course!

I'm still annoyed that Uncle Jack's statue is not properly lit. I believe the excuse is that it will affect the residents. Load of bunkum. Bit of stratigically placed uplighting wouldn't affect them at all. :angry:

Have thety cleaned it up, thought it looked very dirty and grimy. A bit of upkeep wouldnt hurt

Load of rubbish. If you live in a residential area next to a football ground you have to make allowances for match days. I used to live on a main north/south route that was continuously blocked up. I made allowances for it and worked out how to miss the traffic - not too difficult. I have also lived very close to a football ground, absolutely no problem. You know when the matches are so you can make allowances. It's only for a few hours now and again for goodness' sake.

(think I've just had a Victor Meldrew moment...)

As I live on nuttall street i don't believe this is the reason. I live,breathe and will die blue and white and i don't see how lighting the jack walker statue will affect residents. No houses are close enough to the statue for them to be affected as the statue is at the back of the shop away from the view of houses. I for one would love it to be lit.

colin,do you deal with lights in mancster??

whoever gave permission for a roadside ad board at the lights near piccadilly wants shooting and the entire contents ramming up their you know what.some idiot decided its ok to place the ad in full view of the entire lights ,so you cant see them when turning right in a HGV. you need to go on the junction blocking the crossing for pedestrians just to know when they are on red.

Abbey,

If you are driving a plated 7.5T or an 18T HGV then the road signs are legal. Any other weight limit restriction is un-enforceable unless authorised by The Secretary Of State For Transport. The SOS has (to my knowledge) not done this for Manchester.

If you reckon that the 7.5T or the 18T regulation signs (the ones in a circular red border) have been obscured by advertising then you probably have good grounds for appeal. You'll need to provide photographic evidence that you couldn't see the legal road signs because they were obscured by advertising hoardings or whatever it was.

It seems likely that the weight limit legal traffic sign has been obscured by some business or other sticking up adverts.

PM me if you want more info.

Colin

Archived