BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Pride Of Lancashire

trs

Came across this earlier http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=HWxumg5jOPs might have been seen by some of you but certainly not by me.

Some great clips, especially the ones of Bryan Douglas which we obviously don't see much of.

Plenty to discuss, crowds, Rovers greatest player? etc

Are we the true Pride of Lancashire? :brfc:

Oh and watch out for the guy playing a guitar, in the crowd!..........Guitar or drum? :o

Unfortunately there's no sound to it.

As an after thought I thought I might as well stick the following in as well. http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ftCSIpYxZGE&...feature=related

I know most have seen it but I'm sure you'll agree it's worth seeing again and again and......................

Now, you see you can have your little Joke but we really are in Lancashire and always have been - you on the other hand are not.

Of course some smarty pants may wish to point out that only the queen can actually redraw the boudaries of the true county, that things like Blackburn With Darwen are merely administrative creations, that the true county boundary remains as it was - in which case your argument still has problems because you are then competing with Man Utd, Liverpool, Everton, Man City, Bolton etc as well as all the other Lancashire clubs like Burnley, PKE for the title. ;)

Now, you see you can have your little Joke but we really are in Lancashire and always have been - you on the other hand are not.

Of course some smarty pants may wish to point out that only the queen can actually redraw the boudaries of the true county, that things like Blackburn With Darwen are merely administrative creations, that the true county boundary remains as it was - in which case your argument still has problems because you are then competing with Man Utd, Liverpool, Everton, Man City, Bolton etc as well as all the other Lancashire clubs like Burnley, PKE for the title. ;)

But surely you belong to Blackburnshire. :P you can't change history.

Burnley probably existed as a small hamlet as early as 800 AD, but not until 1122 is it first officially mentioned, in a charter by which one Hugh de la Val granted the church of St Peters to the monks at Pontefract Priory. Sometime around 1200 Geoffrey married the daughter of Roger de Lacy and was granted land to maintain a dwelling in the area. Thereafter the name of Towneley has closely connected with the Burnley district. (See Towneley Hall). Burnley was one of the possessions of the Lacys, a powerful family who were Lords of Blackburnshire for several generations up to the end of the 13th century. In 1294, Henry de Lacy obtained a charter from King Edward I granting the right to hold a weekly market at his house in the manor of 'Bruneley' and to have a three day fair once every year, on the "...eve and morrow of the feast of the Apostle Peter and Paul".

And as many will know, Part of the parishes of Blackburn 100. :D

Link, clicking on the map zoom's.

That's well researched 67 but I'm not sure I'm proud of the fact that Burnley used to be part of Blackburn. However I think I can take pleasure in the fact that we had the good sense to kick it out. :D

That's well researched 67 but I'm not sure I'm proud of the fact that Burnley used to be part of Blackburn. However I think I can take pleasure in the fact that we had the good sense to kick it out. :D

No doubt they will say they left for a better life, they almost found it in 1987. :D

So Burnley used to be a 'suburb' of Blackburn? Never knew that. Does that mean that Burnley FC are spiritually speaking Blackburn Reserves, or Blackburn's vassals? How appropriate.

Just more confirmation that we own Burnley, like april fools day

:lol:

Not scared of at all - hadn't seen this response (lifted pretty much directly from this link - http://www.manchester2002-uk.com/lancashir...-2.html#Burnley, something I have seen before)

In truth history from that period is pretty sketchy but as Blackburnshire was part of Lancashire when the county was formed then Burnley was in Lancashire, simple as that really.

We remain a part of it today whilst you and your ilk reside in the grandly named unitary authority of Blackburn With Darwen (I wonder how much they paid consultants to come up with that gem). So in terms of this threads original point, you cannot be the pride Of Lancashire - not that anybody ever thought you were anyway.

Not scared of at all - hadn't seen this response (lifted pretty much directly from this link - http://www.manchester2002-uk.com/lancashir...-2.html#Burnley, something I have seen before)

In truth history from that period is pretty sketchy but as Blackburnshire was part of Lancashire when the county was formed then Burnley was in Lancashire, simple as that really.

We remain a part of it today whilst you and your ilk reside in the grandly named unitary authority of Blackburn With Darwen (I wonder how much they paid consultants to come up with that gem). So in terms of this threads original point, you cannot be the pride Of Lancashire - not that anybody ever thought you were anyway.

Game of Rugby anyone. Would have to be in Blue and White of course.

I know for a fact that half your lot hate the fact that they are in Lancashire. The Lancs / Yorks boundary changes in the 80's did not suit all thats for sure.

Half of our lot? People who live in Burnley? I'm happy to see the evidence behind this fact of yours but I'm fairly sure there is none.

The boundary changes between lancs/Yorkshire did not change Burnley at all so not sure what the relevance of that has. no, what you really hate is the fact that Blackburn is no longer part of Lancashire.

Half of our lot? People who live in Burnley? I'm happy to see the evidence behind this fact of yours but I'm fairly sure there is none.

The boundary changes between lancs/Yorkshire did not change Burnley at all so not sure what the relevance of that has. no, what you really hate is the fact that Blackburn is no longer part of Lancashire.

Try telling that to the people around Earby and surrounding areas. Livid they were.

no, what you really hate is the fact that Blackburn is no longer part of Lancashire.

Where's the logic behind this?

I note you refer to Blackburn with Darwen Council. This is a borough council, isn't it, just like Burnley Borough Council?

It doesn't stop us being in Lancashire? In any event, Lancashire isn't defined by Council's is it? I thought it was defined cartographically?

No it isn't a borough council - it is a unitary authority.

Blackburn is no longer run by Lancashire County Council. As such in reality it remains as much a part of Lancashire as Manchester and Liverpool etc.

Have you looked at a map recently?

Archived