BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Pride Of Lancashire

trs

No it isn't a borough council - it is a unitary authority.

Blackburn is no longer run by Lancashire County Council. As such in reality it remains as much a part of Lancashire as Manchester and Liverpool etc.

You're correct.

May I also congratulate you on your comments about Burnley's "route to the League cup final".

I never diss Burnley fans, but at the same time never want anything good to happen to their club that could affect mine-economically etc.

So, I'm not a Burnley supporter!

No, he's not correct. Read my post above. Manchester and Liverpool are in their own Metropolitan Counties. Blackburn with Darwen is a unitary authority within the County of Lancashire. Completely different and unquestionably Blackburn is a part of the geographical county of Lancashire.

No, he's not correct. Read my post above. Manchester and Liverpool are in their own Metropolitan Counties. Blackburn with Darwen is a unitary authority within the County of Lancashire. Completely different and unquestionably Blackburn is a part of the geographical county of Lancashire.

But what does "the county of Lancashire" mean?

Blackburn with Darwen carries out the vast majority of tasks previously carried out by Lancs CC, which is why it is a Unitary Authority.

But what does "the county of Lancashire" mean?

Blackburn with Darwen carries out the vast majority of tasks previously carried out by Lancs CC, which is why it is a Unitary Authority.

Which isn't in question. The Dingle stated that Blackburn isn't in Lancashire when it obviously still is.

###### me Longsider, you are either very bored or still very miffed about your 2 minutes from Wembley failure!! :lol:

The proud town of Blackburn with its famous and successful football club HAS ALWAYS AND WILL ALWAYS be in Lancashire.....as sure as the little hamlet of Burnley with its minnow of a football club WILL ALWAYS be in our shadow!

Toodle pip! :rover:

What a ridiculous thread. We are clearly the pride of Lancashire as we have by far the greater football team. We've been better than every other team in the county for years now, only dropping our standards briefly for a couple of years at the turn of the century. Other than that we've been in a higher division than the others for nigh on 20 years.

In fact in 28 years, I think I'm right in saying that burnley have only been good enough to be in the same division as us for three seasons. Although they did lose every league game against us. However they did rip down some asbestos sheeting and get chased by police dogs on the Darwen End once in the early 80's so maybe there's a bit of pride there.

Anyway, a more interesting question would be regarding burnley's wheels. Has anyone seen them recently? They seem to have fallen off.

Anyway, a more interesting question would be regarding burnley's wheels. Has anyone seen them recently? They seem to have fallen off.

There just about to catch North Ends up, somewhere on the A59 :lol:

I was pointed to a thread by a fellow member on here that was basically asking what your proudest moment was being a burnley fan. To show just how far behind us they really are, most actually put Mica Hydes goal at Ewood in the cup????

Now maybe it’s the fact I’m from the good end of the M65, but they lost to their bitterest rivals, how can that be a proudest moment?? :rock:

I was pointed to a thread by a fellow member on here that was basically asking what your proudest moment was being a burnley fan. To show just how far behind us they really are, most actually put Mica Hydes goal at Ewood in the cup????

Now maybe it’s the fact I’m from the good end of the M65, but they lost to their bitterest rivals, how can that be a proudest moment?? :rock:

dingle logic

:lol:

Just to score a goal against us was probably a victory in itself to the hordes small minded Dingle men out there. Was it not the only goal the clarretes scored against us in four games, should we not all accept this small yet massive achievement of the Dinglemen in scoring from what was a cross come shot.

I wont begrudge their moment of glory if thats how they see it those little lost lancashire folk. :lol:

Just another illustration of the dangers of impregnating one's sister.

Archived