BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Dj Mixing Software

I was wondering if anybody knew of any software that would mix my itunes playlist so I didn't ave big pauses between songs as I will be using them for a party.

I believe there is stuff out there but would like any recommendations, especially any freebies (that means free not dodgy).

First of all I really cant claim to know anything about this sort of thing however, I have used this to make myself a phone ring tone:-

Click

My guess is that it will do what you want and is really easy to use. You then just resave as an MP3 (I think it will do MP4 as well)

Other may have a better one though

There's an option in iTunes to do this, it's called 'Crossover fade' or something. It's not hard to find, it's in the same place you do volume equalising and things like that. There's a slider bar that lets you choose how many seconds you want to overlap the songs by.

Tell me if you can't find it, I'll be able to give you the exact location of that option later on.

Virtual DJ, use that, if your don't mind using a torrent you can get it from there. Or if just want it for mixing and nothing else (no effects etc) you can go to the Virtual DJ website and download the free trial or go to www.download.com and get it from there. I'll post a link and give you a proper review of it later if you like when i have more time if you want a professional yet easy to use bit of software.

Virtual DJ, use that, if your don't mind using a torrent you can get it from there. Or if just want it for mixing and nothing else (no effects etc) you can go to the Virtual DJ website and download the free trial or go to www.download.com and get it from there. I'll post a link and give you a proper review of it later if you like when i have more time if you want a professional yet easy to use bit of software.

I would recommend Virtual DJ too, very nice bit of software and can be kind of amusing at house parties as everyone fancies themselves as a DJ. Otherwise Windows Media Player can do this. Go to: VIEW -> ENHANCEMENTS -> CROSSFADING AND AUTO VOLUME LEVELING and set the crossfade time.

• 3 weeks later...

Thought i'd bump this thread, as i'm in the market for a midi control device to DJ with using my laptop. I am looking for something thats professional but not at a professional price so to speak. I have had my eye on the Hercules RMX console for a while now but i thought there may be a few on here who know the market better than myself.

Archived