BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] First Time At Ewood..which Pubs?

My friend and I are coming over from Oslo to Blackburn for the first time this weekend. We arrive on friday and go home sunday morning. Friday we will hopefulley find a pub or two with some good food and local beer (any recommendations). And where is it nice to go before the game saturday? We are staying at The Fernhurst, but as I understand, the pub there is for the away supporters on match day, so we'd like to join you guys as early as possible that day :-))

cheers

Clint....

My friend and I are coming over from Oslo to Blackburn for the first time this weekend. We arrive on friday and go home sunday morning. Friday we will hopefulley find a pub or two with some good food and local beer (any recommendations). And where is it nice to go before the game saturday? We are staying at The Fernhurst, but as I understand, the pub there is for the away supporters on match day, so we'd like to join you guys as early as possible that day :-))

cheers

Clint....

Hope you lads have a good trip. I would give Blackburn the swerve on Friday and Saturday night and try Manchester, Bolton or Preston. Plenty of pubs in the vicinity of Ewood Park. The Infirmary on Bolton Road isn't bad.

cheers

hi guys ewood arms and fox and hounds both next to the ground . havelock is the best pub ten mins walk from the ground they have bands and karaoke on all weekend

Clint....

for a decent pint of proper beer in a country pub then try my local the Royal Oak at Riley Green which is 3 miles outside Blackburn and a cheap taxi ride or a bus ride on the 152 bus service.

At Feniscowles, which is nearer to Blackburn than the Royal Oak then try the Feildens Arms.

A great website for UK pubs is beerintheevening

enjoy yourselves./...and watch out fr the lovely Blackburn women !!!!!!

cheers

Clint....

For pre match drinks, Uncle Jacks is as good as you will get. It is no more than a 10 minute walk from the Fernhurst going away from the ground, along Branch Road.

After the game, make sure you go to The Hordens on Livesey Branch Road, Feniscowles with two live bands on, one of which, The Hoover Dams, are amazing to watch live. gets underway approx 10 pm.

For pre match drinks, Uncle Jacks is as good as you will get. It is no more than a 10 minute walk from the Fernhurst going away from the ground, along Branch Road.

Is there Karaoke at Uncle Jacks? Think I've been there once before singing all night long by Lionel Richie.

...He'd give Blackburn the thumbs down, but thinks the infirmary isn't bad... :unsure::wacko::blink:

I quite often drop into The Infirmary for a pre match pint. I dont mind the place, I've been in worse. The lads asked for opinions so I thought I'd be helpful and offer mine.

I suppose some would be of the opinion that Blackburn is a good place to spend Friday and Saturday night. Not many though I would have thought.

Blackburn night life is considered dire by most. As much as it pains me to say it, Burnley has the upper hand by some way, although it's not exactly spectacular. If you really want a night out and don't have too much cash, go out in Burnley or the cheaper Preston clubs. If you are willing to splash out a bit, Manchester is a much better idea.

General opinion is that Liquid is poor, and the sad thing is it's the best place Blackburn has to offer. The better Burnley clubs are head and shoulders above it. Just try not to go out on a match day like we did (after the play off spot was confirmed), the streets were cordoned off and hundreds of Dingles were singing in the streets. If you do go then, keep your mouth shut!

Depending on your taste, Mortimers, Pharoahs, Posh, Ignite, Walkabout, Inside Out, Rewind and Smacks are all decent enough places (all Burnley clubs).

As for pubs, the Blackburn ones are...not that great, but neither are the Burnley ones. Grabbing a few at Wetherspoons or Big Window is a good idea as they are close to the clubs (1 minute walk).

Under no circumstances go out in Burnley with your Rovers top on!

If you need any more information about Burnley, just ask. I don't fancy Blackburn as a night out, so the other members can probably help you out if you want to stick to Blackburn.

I shall also be staying at the Fernhurst Travelling up tommorow morning for the game from Hertfordshire and staying two nights as I will be playing at Ewood Park on Monday :)

Will be going to the game and we have always won when I have Watched Blackburn at home in the prem :rover:

You could venture to Preston, it was some laugh when i was last there! And we went to a strip club too - was very good! Birds were well hot.

You cant beat the blackburn night life, if you are in a big group, but isnt that the same anywhere?

You want to try that Pizza Planet beside Liquid...defo the nicest pizzas i have ever had!

Postal is good for pints too

Archived