BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Pascal Chimbonda

Chimbonda is a real pain for me - When he plays at top his game he is a very good right back - right up there with the best of them - Look at him towards the end of Wigan career playing for France and then at spurs.

But then he seems to have a real attitude problem - look at handing in a transfer request within 25 minutes of getting relegated, why did spurs flog him and Sunderland??

But then look at his first 10 appearances for us I thought we had a real find and then you look at his last 5-10 appearances - such a drastic change - maybe something behind the scenes.

If he stays though we need to ship out Lars and hope he pulls his finger out.. To be fair Salgado has also been exceptional towards the end of the season however I cant see him playing all 38 games next season so come on Pascal pull your finger out, get you good form back and help us achieve another top 10 finish :)

A fully fit in form chimbonda would get in my starting 11.

*PS he should have cult status anyway just for that goal v Dingles haha..

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chimbonda is a real pain for me - When he plays at top his game he is a very good right back - right up there with the best of them - Look at him towards the end of Wigan career playing for France and then at spurs.

But then he seems to have a real attitude problem - look at handing in a transfer request within 25 minutes of getting relegated, why did spurs flog him and Sunderland??

But then look at his first 10 appearances for us I thought we had a real find and then you look at his last 5-10 appearances - such a drastic change - maybe something behind the scenes.

If he stays though we need to ship out Lars and hope he pulls his finger out.. To be fair Salgado has also been exceptional towards the end of the season however I cant see him playing all 38 games next season so come on Pascal pull your finger out, get you good form back and help us achieve another top 10 finish :)

A fully fit in form chimbonda would get in my starting 11.

*PS he should have cult status anyway just for that goal v Dingles haha..

Pretty much sums up Chimbonda - he is a good player, he just can't be bothered a lot of the time. For versitility though I'd keep him as he can play rb and more importantly lb. I'm not a fan of Olsson at lb - he's the reverse of emerton class at lm, average at best at lb, and as others have stated Emerton can fill in the right back slot.

Archived