BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Pascal Chimbonda

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If we can get him over to right back, we should have a talented player here.

I agree but that will leave a gaping hole at left back and having just signed Salgado whilst Emerton is returning to fitness, we've gone from no options to too many options. When Bentley left the answer was not to sign umpteen mediocre central midfield players (we saw the proof of this already) and likewise (whilst I'm not saying Chimbonda and Salgado are mediocre) the answer to losing Warnock is not to flood the right side of defence.

Olsson is nothing defensively so I'm hoping Chimbonda can adapt to playing on the left.

I'm certain that this is how Sam will play him. And I reckon Chimbonda would have been told this before he moved, too - and was more than willing to accept, considering his circumstances over the last couple of seasons.

The last time he played for Spuds at Ewood he was left back.

also and I know this is notoriously inaccurate http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pascal_Chimbonda

He probably was involved in the most crucial part of the game, the block that he did in the first half. Warnock wouldnt of got on the end of that one!

But warnock got the block on Johnson against fulham away which stopped them going 2-0 up and arguably was the pivotal point at which survival was a REAL option for most of us. Sorry to defend warnock, but Pascal has played one game (albeit excellently) and Warnock WAS a great player for us, despite some trying to turn him into a villain.

Guest charlie1

I don't get why pepole keep having pops at stevie at the end of the day he was brilliant for us and has moved on to a much bigger club. He is miles better than Chimbonda.

Pascal Chimbonda's complaining about Spurs having 8 defenders and 3 right backs, saying it's the reason he couldn't get a game.

I suppose he wasn't told that we have FOUR right backs in the squad :D

:D

It'll be interesting to see what happens when Nelsen returns, I suspect we'll see Givet put out to left back and Chimbonda moved to right back. Not entirely sure where that leaves Salgado...

Here's a link to that article: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport...-Blackburn.html

It'll be interesting to see what happens when Nelsen returns, I suspect we'll see Givet put out to left back and Chimbonda moved to right back. Not entirely sure where that leaves Salgado...

It will be interesting because I don't think Chimbonda will enjoy being on the bench. When the going gets tough apparently he gets a bit frustrated!

Givet can work at left back but personally think he is a better centre back.

The joy of having competition for places, or 3 right backs in the squad....

Archived