BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Pascal Chimbonda

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It really does baffle me sometimes.......What can Sam actually do?

Warnock wanted out, Sam has done magnificantly to get a player the calibre of Chimbonda in so quick!

Sam is playing the market, by saying he is no longer looking to buy he is keeping any possible deals quiet.

Have a little faith!

Haven't you heard? You take your very life in your hands doing that around here!

Unless it's:

A ) Sam is awesome

B ) Results will improve

C ) Everything will be fine

I don't think Chimbonda is the worst signing possible, but as a direct replacement for Warnock - and with £4m+ yet again disappearing into the ether - the fans are being cheated once again.

Agree with you but that fault lies with the owners, yes?

It really does baffle me sometimes.......What can Sam actually do?

Warnock wanted out, Sam has done magnificantly to get a player the calibre of Chimbonda in so quick!

Sam is playing the market, by saying he is no longer looking to buy he is keeping any possible deals quiet.

Have a little faith!

I think the signing of 3 right backs has just baffled a lot of us when we'll be losing our best left back and we've got an injury prone central midfield.

I also believe we are generally excited about Big Sam's ideas for the likes of Emerton, Salgado because there's a strong possibility that they won't be playing in their well known positions this season. Could they form a new midfield partnership? Both are non-stop work horses and also with a combination of defensive and attacking play between them and aren't afraid to get stuck in.

• Backroom

Always rated Chimbonda, would certainly have welcomed this before but the timing is slightly odd unless he is more versatile than I thought. Still think he's a worthy addition but for me a midfielder should have been a priority

Warnock's gone, my guess is Chimbonda will be a Rovers player by 10pm.

I thought the usual deadline was Friday at 2pm or something, by the way?

With half an our to go, even.

Nice to get this done. We're back to normal, and hopefully (!) we can spend some of the money we got between the two. Sure hope Nicko can expand on this soon.

A solid replacement.

I remember him playing CB for Sunderland when we played them in the cup last year and thinking 'oh good they have a RB at CB' but he had a good game and stopped a definite goal by clearing a MGP shot off the line.

If Warnock wanted to go so be it, good look at Villa Stevie, but most importantly welcome Pascal.

From having no proper right-backs last season we've gone and signed three players whom are all capable of playing there in Jacobson, Salgado and now Chimbonda. Although it seems the indication is Chimbonda was bought as a replacement for Warnock which would surely mean he'll be our first choice left back.

Defense is looking particularly strong now I'd say. With us being able to field two completely different back fours both of them being strong in my opinion.

1st Choice

Salgado, Givet, Samba, Chimbonda

2nd Choice

Emerton, Nelsen, Zurab, Jacobson

Back on to the topic of Chimbonda thought he looked a quality player from his time at Wigan but seemed to lose is way at Tottenham and at Sunderland then back at Tottenham again. But if anyone can get him back playing his best football i'm sure it's Big Sam and if that doesn't workout I'm sure Spurs will be happy to buy him back. ;)

With half an our to go, even.

Nice to get this done. We're back to normal, and hopefully (!) we can spend some of the money we got between the two. Sure hope Nicko can expand on this soon.

Back to the days of Neill, and to think we spent so long trying to get a left back.

1st Choice

Salgado, Givet, Samba, Chimbonda

2nd Choice

Emerton, Nelsen, Zurab, Jacobson

Nelsen second choice :o

When fit he'd be in my team anyday of the week. I've still not seen a player in a Rovers shirt over the last few seasons who heads more balls out of the danger areas than Nelsen.

Nelsen is second choice if all fit...in my eyes anyway.

Anyway here's Sam on Chimbonda -

"Big Sam said: "They tell me he's a flamboyant character who can get up your nose and be disruptive.

"But I'm all right with that as long as they show it on the field as well.

"I don't know why his career's taken a step back but it's my job to get him back to the level we know he's capable of playing at.

"You don't perform at the level he has if you're a footballing wimp."

Archived