BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackberry Phones

Anyone got one of these? I just got one as a free upgrade from Vodafone - thought it would be fun but it's the most complicated and unfriendly gadget I've ever used. Layer upon layer of menus...

It looks like you can't even make it vibrate and ring at the same time without downloading an app, but to do that it seems you have to subscribe to their data plan, which I didn't opt into as I was happy with my cheap contract. Same thing for changing the themes or setting it up to read my email.

Any tips from Blackberry users would be gratefully received. Is it possible to use apps without a subscription?

Had one for about 5 years and would not be without it. You will soon get used to it; just mess about - you can't break it :-)

Quite a concidence this......... I got mine back from repair an hour ago. :rolleyes: The rollerball failed and the speaker had gone fuzzy after 8 months.

Apart from that I seriously hate the bloody thing. Stupid menus, keys too small to use and far to obtuse for words. Whilst it's been away I used an old nokia and it's 10x more user freindly and with much better telephone reception (o2). If most of what you do is simply phone and text people then chuck it out of the car window on the thelwall viaduct.

Quite a concidence this......... I got mine back from repair an hour ago. :rolleyes: The rollerball failed and the speaker had gone fuzzy after 8 months.

Apart from that I seriously hate the bloody thing. Stupid menus, keys too small to use and far to obtuse for words. Whilst it's been away I used an old nokia and it's 10x more user freindly and with much better telephone reception (o2). If most of what you do is simply phone and text people then chuck it out of the car window on the thelwall viaduct.

Luddite :D

I was joking about the "can't break it" comment as I well know. I'm on my 4th one now althought dropping one in the bath really should not count!

I have a simple pay as you go Nokia. It phones, it texts and it takes photographs. It's a phone for Christ's sake and costs me very little.

For everything else I have a laptop. For blackberries and apples I have a pie dish!

Edit double post.

I have a simple pay as you go Nokia. It phones, it texts and it takes photographs. It's a phone for Christ's sake and costs me very little.

For everything else I have a laptop. For blackberries and apples I have a pie dish!

Edit double post.

Does your laptop fit in your pocket ? :D

Does your laptop fit in your pocket ? :D

Doesn't need to. I can phone home to find anything I need to know while I am out. A phone is a phone is a phone. How much does your portable computer cost you a month and how easy is it to read that microscopic screen and use that microscopic keyboard.

Your raspberry is a status symbol no more and no less. You are afraid of being the one who doesn't have the latest technology. How much as it cost you to date to be up with the Joneses?

It will be the convertible with the sliding roof next. (Might be able to afford one if you didn't have that bloody phone!) :D

I've had a pearl for 18 months, I hate the thing. I cant stand the operating system, to hard to do the stuff I need to do often, to many fiddly clicks.

I also found the bandwidth split between RIM and Orange confusing.

Worst of all though is that the roller stopped working, then the keyboard started playing up. I'm well shut of it.

It's very good being able to use the Internet on the move.

If you decide you want to go somewhere and don't have the address to hand, find the postcode on the Internet then GPS the address.

Also, if you see a bargain in a shop, you can quickly check online to see if it is cheaper elsewhere.

Great!

How much as it cost you to date to be up with the Joneses?

It will be the convertible with the sliding roof next. (Might be able to afford one if you didn't have that bloody phone!) :D

Not a penny mate as it comes with the job.

As for a convertable - in Aberdeen your having a laugh right :D I just have to make do with the Audi S5.

Not a penny mate as it comes with the job.

As for a convertable - in Aberdeen your having a laugh right :D I just have to make do with the Audi S5.

Just about to say the same thing!

Come back Cheshire Blue. All is forgiven.

Alas my company car along with all the other perks went when I retired and I now have to put up with an Avensis TR and a basic Nokia.

All together now 'Poor old Al'.

Archived