BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Government Threatens Fa With Loss Of Funding

philipl

Looks like the usual shambles amongst the blazers. Must admit I did not know that £25m a year of public funding was routed through the FA.

Oh I don't know ..... 25m pa just to indoctrinate young schoolboys into believing that the results doesn't matter and that winning is unimportant seems good value. :rolleyes: What else do they do btw? :huh:

Odd though that the development of womens footy is being questioned. Aren't we currently the second best nation in Europe after the boxheads? Presumably if we had beaten them the govt would have nothing to whinge about and the 25m pa would continue. :blink: ...... Or could this be just another example like Trident of us all paying for Gordy's mistakes?

Heard this on the radio this morning and couldn't quite believe it. Anybody know how long my taxes have been funding the FA? The sooner it stops the better, the football authorities in this country have p!ssed enough money down the drain already without the taxpayer having to support them. If the FA need more cash tell 'em go ask Uncle Rupbert for a bit more. :angry2::angry2:

Odd though that the development of womens footy is being questioned. Aren't we currently the second best nation in Europe after the boxheads? Presumably if we had beaten them the govt would have nothing to whinge about and the 25m pa would continue. :blink: ...... Or could this be just another example like Trident of us all paying for Gordy's mistakes?

I think it's the fact that only one man and his dog watched the entire tournament this summer....Womens football is a waste of money...to put anything into it is a waste of resources....

Looks like the usual shambles amongst the blazers. Must admit I did not know that £25m a year of public funding was routed through the FA.

That seems bizarre when they run the most profitable league in the world! Hardly like they are short of money... It would be like the government subsidising BP or something.

(as I wrote that it occured to me that I wouldn't actually be suprised if we did subsidise BP which is a bit worrying...)

I think it's the fact that only one man and his dog watched the entire tournament this summer....Womens football is a waste of money...to put anything into it is a waste of resources....

Not true. It's massive in the States and in China. Getting more popular here. Nothing compared to the Men's game but it is growing.

In twenty years the profile could be completely different.

[

Not true. It's massive in the States and in China. Getting more popular here. Nothing compared to the Men's game but it is growing.

In twenty years the profile could be completely different.

Yes, but in USA there is no male football like there is here....Womens football in the UK will never be anything other than a joke....because it will always be compared to the mens....In america they appreciate womens football because they've never really known anything else. ;)

You are not a worshipper at the shrine of Political Correctness I take it. ;)

[

Yes, but in USA there is no male football like there is here....Womens football in the UK will never be anything other than a joke....because it will always be compared to the mens....In america they appreciate womens football because they've never really known anything else. ;)

That's pretty amazingly small minded. It's a game, a large and growing amount of people play it. Your personal opinion is irrelevent.

Archived