BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Robinson Injured

agreed.

height has nothing to do with being a keeper, its your jumping, reflexes and control of the back 4 that makes a good keeper. you could be a 2ft midget and still be a good keeper providing you can at the very least tough the crossbar

I'd pay good money to see that!! Anyway, yes, he is a good keeper, but he can't fecking kick it!!! I'll bet my little ole granny could kick a ball straighter than Brown!! Hell, I can kick a ball the distance of the halfway line on a pro pitch and in a straight line!! Why can't a professional goalie?

So this guy wants Green and James to play ahead of Robinson and rigs his marks so it looks like they should. To say a minus point for robinson is that he has too much to do for rovers is

i) rubbish surely the more your keeper has to do the better he gets at doing it

and ii) evidence that he only really watched that game against Arsenal as in other games robinson has had no more to do than any other keeper at any other club.

In other words he doesn't have a clue.

Perhaps James and Green spend their games sitting in deckchairs at the back of their goals has something to do with Pompey and West Ham being 20th and 19th respectively?

• Backroom

I never understand the criticism Brown gets, when he's been called upon he's been superb and his only downside is his kicking. Some of his saves in the short playing time he had last season including vs United and Hull were amazing.

Also that article is plain awful, I've never seen a goalie at Rovers as consistent with his kicking as Robbo, seems like some people just can't forget that bobble in Croatia.

• 1 year later...

Archived