BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Robinson Injured

Almost certainly just a precaution since he made it through the full 90 minutes against Arsenal. Bit of a shame though since you feel he might be close to a second chance if he keeps up his form. Green doesn't convince and there must be doubts over James' fitness.

Bunn has lots of potential. How is he doing on loan?

Not that great I don't think. I was reading Sheff Utd's forum last night after I heard about Robbo's injury.

His distribution has been poor and his positioning questionable on occasion - I think the jury is still out on him.

Hopefully it's just a precaution but if he is injured and out of the Dingles game, then Bunn will have to be recalled especially after Fielding has gone out on loan too.

I'd pick Bunn ahead of Brown any day of the week.

I agree.

Arnt Reina and brown almost the same height? I would go with Brown if robbo isn't fit hands down. He's studied under big brad and has shown he can hang. I still remember how well he did when brad had to come out on game 2-3 seasons ago and knowing how chippy this game is sure to get we need someone that has good PK stopping experiance

I'm sure Robbo will be fit for the dingles game. Nothing was made of the injury until he returned from England camp. He wasn't needed for the England game so as a precautionary measure will have been brought back to Brockhall to ensure he is fit and able to play on the 18th. Many players pull out of meaningless internationals to ensure they are fit for the next league game.

Martin Lipton of the mirror 'assesses' the likely candidates for the England number one jersey in this column of his:

Robbo

I didn't think he really knew what he was on about anyway but then I read that according to him both James and Green have better 'kicking ability' than Robbo. The guy really doesn't have a clue.

Robbo has to be the best kicker in the league, let alone shot stopper.

Alan have a word with your mates at the Mirror!

I'd pick Bunn ahead of Brown any day of the week.

What more does the guy have to do? Penalty Save, game changing (nay season changing) save at Hull last year. The only game (sorry make that first half) he has been poor was the Grimsby carling cup game last season.

What as Bunn done so far? Oh thats right he looks more like a goalkeeper should.

Martin Lipton of the mirror 'assesses' the likely candidates for the England number one jersey in this column of his:

Robbo

I didn't think he really knew what he was on about anyway but then I read that according to him both James and Green have better 'kicking ability' than Robbo. The guy really doesn't have a clue.

Robbo has to be the best kicker in the league, let alone shot stopper.

Alan have a word with your mates at the Mirror!

So this guy wants Green and James to play ahead of Robinson and rigs his marks so it looks like they should. To say a minus point for robinson is that he has too much to do for rovers is

i) rubbish surely the more your keeper has to do the better he gets at doing it

and ii) evidence that he only really watched that game against Arsenal as in other games robinson has had no more to do than any other keeper at any other club.

In other words he doesn't have a clue.

May be of note. Chris Moyles was chatting about Robbo this morning and he texted him to say that he was on his way into training. ;) I think he will be fine.

What as Bunn done so far? Oh thats right he looks more like a goalkeeper should.

Well Bunn was playing for Leicester at the end of last season and getting great reviews. He also is the first choice at Sheff Utd and seems to be getting along very well.

Brown has played the odd game for us, was available for transfer in the summer and nobody was interested. Good penalty saving keeper but will always struggle to make it in the premiership. His height is an issue but more importantly his distribution is to slow and it takes away any counter attacks.

Good penalty saving keeper but will always struggle to make it in the premiership. His height is an issue but more importantly his distribution is to slow and it takes away any counter attacks.

Never understand this - he may be small in comparison to the size of other goalies but still not exactly small (5'11?) also when has quick distribution been of any use to us - takes away from counter attacks - when the hell do we counter attack? - we always have too many men in the box and only 1 up to make any use of a counter attack

His height has never caused any issues yet when he has played - no reason to see why it would in the future.

Decent goalie in my book

Friedal was not exactly brilliant coming for crosses despite his height - Robinson still a bit jittery but getting better.

Rather have a decent keeper who can keep than worry about how tall he is.

Never understand this - he may be small in comparison to the size of other goalies but still not exactly small (5'11?) also when has quick distribution been of any use to us - takes away from counter attacks - when the hell do we counter attack? - we always have too many men in the box and only 1 up to make any use of a counter attack

His height has never caused any issues yet when he has played - no reason to see why it would in the future.

Decent goalie in my book

Friedal was not exactly brilliant coming for crosses despite his height - Robinson still a bit jittery but getting better.

Rather have a decent keeper who can keep than worry about how tall he is.

agreed.

height has nothing to do with being a keeper, its your jumping, reflexes and control of the back 4 that makes a good keeper. you could be a 2ft midget and still be a good keeper providing you can at the very least tough the crossbar

Archived