BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Newell Sacked As Grimsby Manager

meerkat

Struggling League Two side Grimsby have sacked manager Mike Newell after a poor start to the season.

The Mariners lost at home to Rochdale on Saturday - their fourth league defeat in succession - which left them second bottom of the table.

A club statement read: "Despite the intention for support beyond the recent poor results, the club has dismissed Mike due to irretrievable breakdown."

Youth team boss Neil Woods will take over as caretaker manager. (BBC)

I think it's only a matter of time before a league club does seriously consider Powell for a managers job, she has the coaching credentials and experience, she probably has more coaching badges than Ince.

I have more badges than Ince!!!

She has ALL her badges.

I think it's only a matter of time before a league club does seriously consider Powell for a managers job, she has the coaching credentials and experience, she probably has more coaching badges than Ince.

I'm afraid with the ego of the modern footballer, no matter what division they're in, I won't see a female managing a league team in my time. Could you imagine them taking orders from a female, no matter how talented she is?

Archived