BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Mark Lawrenson

ewoodpo

The Preston Puff is correct about us not being able to compete but he does like to rub it in.

On the topic of spending - I work in Manchester and continually get the old chestnut "you bought the league" thrown at me. Has anyone got any great arguements against this crap??

I wrote the attached blog for the Mirror football site a while back, which is more of a pop at City than Utd, but was basically borne out of the frustration at ignorance that permeates the English footballing community. (And in particular the clown journalist that is Oliver Holt).

Hope it helps to spread the word amongst the deluded Mancs!

Rovers Champions Blog

On another note, I would love to see the total numbers of points that clown Lawrenson has allocated us to date. I would be willing to bet that his predictions would have us at the bottom of the league and would show the biggest difference between points predicted and points actually won for any club.

Can anyone find a table of his predicted results? (If what I think is right it really shows how his bias against us influences his views, very unprofessional for BBC's so called football "expert").

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On another note, I would love to see the total numbers of points that clown Lawrenson has allocated us to date. I would be willing to bet that his predictions would have us at the bottom of the league and would show the biggest difference between points predicted and points actually won for any club.

Can anyone find a table of his predicted results? (If what I think is right it really shows how his bias against us influences his views, very unprofessional for BBC's so called football "expert").

Sad git that I am, I've got a spreadsheet with all this info in. Haven't updated it for a couple of weeks (it's on the to do list, and when I do I'll post the results here) but last time I checked, at least Portsmouth, West Ham, and strangely(?) Birmingham were below us.

Manchester United have "bought" every league title they have won - their current squad alone must have cost more than £100m.

Ditto Chelsea and Arsenal.

Liverpool's success in the 1970s and 1980s was down in the main to buying the country's best players.

United produce some home-grown players but they manage to attract the best youngsters by throwing shedloads of cash at the parents (allegedly of course).

Anyone who says "you bought the league" knows nothing about football.

Quite agree. Plus the other point that most people forget is that the "3 foreigner rule" was in operation then and our 3 foreigners were Kenna, Hendry and Berg. We couldnt trawl other countries for the best talent that happens now.

Archived