BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Condensing Boiler

I'm about to have my very old bolier replaced and plan to get a condensing boiler. Anyone want to recommend a model or brand they have been pleased with? Property is terraced cottage with four bedrooms and I'm looking for CH and hot water on demand.

Worcester Bosch.

Been on the market for some time, tends to be the choice of a lot of Housing Association and Local Authority Housing because of their reliability and performance.

Had one installed in my current house 2 years ago.

Another good bet is the Valliant.

Worcester Bosch.

Been on the market for some time, tends to be the choice of a lot of Housing Association and Local Authority Housing because of their reliability and performance.

What Al said.

Got a Worcester 35cdi. Magic.

Worcester Bosch.

Vaillant Alan.

My plumber recommended a Vaillant for my central heating two years ago. Comes with a two year warranty when most others only come with one year apparently.

The only thing I know about condensing boilers is that they don't last anywhere near as long as the older types.

Vaillant Alan.

My plumber recommended a Vaillant for my central heating two years ago. Comes with a two year warranty when most others only come with one year apparently.

The only thing I know about condensing boilers is that they don't last anywhere near as long as the older types.

Worcester Bosch give a two year guarantee on some models - worth checking out.

You dont really have much choice now as Building regulations that came into force in April 2005 state that any replacement or new gas boiler must be a condensing boiler.

A mate of mine has posted this on facebook today by pure co-incidence...

"Worcester Bosch engineer coming out for the third time since boiler installed in October 2007. Everyone RAVED over WB reliability; everyone was wrong."

I thought it was an installation company, but did think Worcester to Malton was a long way!

I had a Worcester fitted 2 years ago, and can only find one word to describe it........Superb!. Copes easily with all our demands in a large 4 bed det bungalow. However I would advise you to Google "condensing boilers" and take a good look around at the results. That's what I did and how I picked the Worcester company out from the rest. It gives you plenty of technical and non-tech info so you can make a more informed decision. Good luck with your search.

I have a relative who works for B&Q, he reckons that the Biasi condensing boilers they sell are the most reliable ones they have with the least problems, excellent price too apparently.

The main problem with ground source heat pumps is that unless you own a fairly substantial piece of land or have the scope to drill deep the payback period can be in excess of 20 years.

Condensing boilers are a good choice for the average domestic premise (up to 35kW). The ‘regular crowd’ that we specify are:

Baxi Potterton

Caradon Ideal

Worcester Bosch

I thought you might have been looking a ground / air based heat pumps and solar panels Paul.

Not when you live in a Conservation area and your house is subject to an Article 4 Direction........................otherwise I'd have solar panels and would be selling the electricity back into the grid!!!!!

Thanks for all the suggestions folks, lots of research to do.

Archived