BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] John Taylor Tribute At Stoke?

will do BW and I agree with sentiments on the preview, should be a minutes applause or silence in memory of what was a tragic accident.

Without wanting to appear insensitive, is that what happened an accident? Have the full facts now been estblished? The stories circulating at the time suggested that charges may result?

Without wanting to appear insensitive, is that what happened an accident? Have the full facts now been estblished? The stories circulating at the time suggested that charges may result?

No, no one was charged. Insufficient evidence.

• Backroom

No. It isnt a year yet is it? More likely on the anniversary surely?

This may come across as horribly insensitive but why?

What happened was tragic especially for his young son but rovers have paid their respects at the time. It was an accident but one cause by lack of caution by our fans and I imagine the club preffered it to be forgot about quietly.

The best tribute to him would be to make sure nothing like this happens again but that's an almost impossible task no matter how good the policing at games.

I hope his young son is doing well but he'll never be able to fill a hole sadly.

This may come across as horribly insensitive but why?

What happened was tragic especially for his young son but rovers have paid their respects at the time. It was an accident but one cause by lack of caution by our fans and I imagine the club preffered it to be forgot about quietly.

The best tribute to him would be to make sure nothing like this happens again but that's an almost impossible task no matter how good the policing at games.

I hope his young son is doing well but he'll never be able to fill a hole sadly.

Why?

Because he was killed following Blackburn Rovers. If he hadn't been he would still be alive. It is good and correct that the club recognise this.

• Backroom

The club did recognise this the following home game. Maybe another fan tribute would be appropriate but the club have done more than enough.

Blackburn Rovers are not to blame for his death as tragic as it was.

Edit: I'm really sorry if my comments have upset anyone it wasn't the intention

• Guest featured and unfeatured this topic

Archived