BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Tim Flowers appointed manager of Stafford Rangers

Tim Flowers has decided to go it alone and has become manager of my other team, Stafford Rangers of the Blue Square North.

Rangers have very little money (2000pw wage budget!) but it is an exciting appointment, for me especially as Tim is the reason I started following Rovers originally.

We don't expect much of him as Steve Bull failed a few years ago, but its good exposure for the club and hopefully he will be able to attract some young talent on loan through his contacts higher up and mid-table can be achieved

Good luck Tim, look forward to seeing the game at Harrogate on 27th Nov!

local rag link

Modes, sadly the day when Rangers could compete any higher are long gone without a takeover (why does that sound familiar??!!)

There is literally no money. If you think that 2000p/w is less than 200 pounds a week for a squad of 15, it shows the gap between Premiership and non-league.

Even in the BSN there is players being paid over £1000 per week.

I'd take an FA cup 1st round tie against league opposition as an achievement for the Rangers!

That temporary seating was a stipulation for promotion to the Conference, and cost £30,000 for the year which the Rangers couldn't afford to pay!

Probably one of the clubs where a takeover is more vital than at Rovers :blink:

Rovers got a great keeper from Stafford years ago, never played league football and was awsome, Jim Arnold was then I think sold to Everton!!

Probably one of the clubs where a takeover is more vital than at Rovers :blink:

What sort of level of investment is the club looking for?

Shame I didn't win the big Euromillions jackpot I could have bought and invested in them, I don't think my £18.50 win would go very far.

What sort of level of investment is the club looking for?

Shame I didn't win the big Euromillions jackpot I could have bought and invested in them, I don't think my £18.50 win would go very far.

That is exactly what I would do if I won, I'd be straight on the phone. They would probably give you the club for free if you could invest.

Rangers literally struggle to make ends meet, as I'm sure most clubs do at that level. Any investment which would stablise the club and offer security would be an ideal first step, anything to then push on would be dreamworld.

One supporter is Stan Robinson the haulage guy - he has millions but has already put a fair bit in I think. A shame he doesn't want to take a more active role though

Rovers got a great keeper from Stafford years ago, never played league football and was awsome, Jim Arnold was then I think sold to Everton!!

You're right.

Howard Kendall bought him for us and then took him to Everton after he went there.

My daughter did a piece on them when she was a student at Stoke.

My work colleague sometimes doubles up as the badger mascot for Rangers, tho' couldn't say if that's him in the clip. Sadly, they have fallen on hard times again both financially and in league status following a brief 2 season flirt in the Conference. Not unlike another local side, Hednesford, who had a bit of a reputation for decent FA Cup runs in the late 90's, although another local team, Chasetown, have taken on that mantle in recent times.

I think I read in the local paper that only two of the Rangers players are salaried, so Tim already has his work cut out. Will no doubt rely on his old boys networks if he has any chance of strengthening the squad. Can't really see the appeal myself, but good luck to him. May just pop down to Marston Road to cheer him and the boys on.

My work colleague sometimes doubles up as the badger mascot for Rangers, tho' couldn't say if that's him in the clip. Sadly, they have fallen on hard times again both financially and in league status following a brief 2 season flirt in the Conference. Not unlike another local side, Hednesford, who had a bit of a reputation for decent FA Cup runs in the late 90's, although another local team, Chasetown, have taken on that mantle in recent times.

I think I read in the local paper that only two of the Rangers players are salaried, so Tim already has his work cut out. Will no doubt rely on his old boys networks if he has any chance of strengthening the squad. Can't really see the appeal myself, but good luck to him. May just pop down to Marston Road to cheer him and the boys on.

Get off my monkey!

• 2 months later...

Archived