BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] BBC strike

Come on guys and gals this is just one of many thats going to happen, dont think you'lll not be affected. Will you let the City and the incompetent parliamentarians get away with it.

Are you prepared to sacrifice your pension...... for the overpaid, incompetent, City w@nkers, Bankers and Parliamentarians and their advisors.

Come on guys and gals this is just one of many thats going to happen, dont think you'lll not be affected. Will you let the City and the incompetent parliamentarians get away with it.

Are you prepared to sacrifice your pension...... for the overpaid, incompetent, City w@nkers, Bankers and Parliamentarians and their advisors.

Who cares? And what is the alternative JAL? Have you forgotten the mind boggling scale of this man's crime against the entire nation ......

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/pensions/article.html?in_article_id=413695&in_page_id=6

"Gordon Brown saw pension funds as an easy target - so he raided them. 'He either doesn't understand private pensions or he doesn't care about them, which is hardly prudent."

Who cares? And what is the alternative JAL? Have you forgotten the mind boggling scale of this man's crime against the entire nation ......

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/pensions/article.html?in_article_id=413695&in_page_id=6

"Gordon Brown saw pension funds as an easy target - so he raided them. 'He either doesn't understand private pensions or he doesn't care about them, which is hardly prudent."

Thats why the word parliamentarian is used in that, they across the parties are in it together despite what ever difference we or JiM mK2 may think.

Gordon was acting for soemone else when he raided the pension funds, it was calculated, he was advised by those who were in control of the pensions. Its very clear that he wasnt acting for the electorate, the ordinary working man, come labour voter ... was he Thenodrog :) Gordon and his advisors were put up to it and he delivered for them no wonder he was so pleased for himself when it all came to an end now we find another scenario developing.

Capitalism in crisis once again.

Capitalism looks fine to me.....by making the workers accept less for their pensions, make them work longer, make them work for less money, and just watch those big juicy profits roll in seems a good plan for the capitalists.

The BBC has been living in a gold plated bubble far too long, my heart bleeds for them.

I'm very happy with the quality of TV and Radio programmes the BBC provides me with. I certainly have no problem with them paying high wages in order to secure top talent.

I'm very happy with the quality of TV and Radio programmes the BBC provides me with. I certainly have no problem with them paying high wages in order to secure top talent.

Agreed, Attenborough was ace on BBC2 last night.

A real gulf between quality and 'animals do the funniest things'

Neither have I- however the BBC is a vast organisation. The managment for example earn crazy wages and perks that just do not exist in the commercial sectior. Is it around 300 members of staff on more than 100 grand a year?

It is time that the taxpayers (because that is what the TV Liecence is) started getting value for money.

Neither have I- however the BBC is a vast organisation. The managment for example earn crazy wages and perks that just do not exist in the commercial sectior. Is it around 300 members of staff on more than 100 grand a year?

Like you I think the BC provides great quality but I'm not sure you're accurate on the crazy wages. Certainly there are some very high profile performers who are paid vast amounts - Jonathan Ross for example, I realise this is the example everyone picks up on - but I think you'll find the Beeb pays at the top of the scale to be competitive.

It is time that the taxpayers (because that is what the TV Liecence is) started getting value for money.
Is it tax payers money? In the sense the majority who pay tax also pay for a TV licence, yes but surely the money really comes only from those who want to have a TV and therefore purchase the required licence. I'm not sure about this, but don't think the government provides any funding out of tax revenues.

Like you I think the BC provides great quality but I'm not sure you're accurate on the crazy wages. Certainly there are some very high profile performers who are paid vast amounts - Jonathan Ross for example, I realise this is the example everyone picks up on - but I think you'll find the Beeb pays at the top of the scale to be competitive.

Is it tax payers money? In the sense the majority who pay tax also pay for a TV licence, yes but surely the money really comes only from those who want to have a TV and therefore purchase the required licence. I'm not sure about this, but don't think the government provides any funding out of tax revenues.

No it is not a tax, it was my mealy mouthed way of saying that if you want a TV, you need a licence, therefore the Beeb have a ring fenced income from the public each year and seemingly does not feel the need to get value for money.

If top stars need to pay the going rate etc, big events need covering - no problem.

It is what I said about the non celebrity, non journalist management- from the BBCs own webiste-

'331 BBC managers earn more than £100,000'. That is ridiculous!

Other side of the coin modes.....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1319993/BBCs-marketing-chief-Sharon-Baylay-redundant-325-000-pay-off.html

17 months into her job....

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/6599947/BBC-salaries-cannot-be-decided-by-public-opinion-says-BBC-boss.html

“However, we can't have a remuneration strategy driven by public opinion." Lucy Adam

Not even when the public are paying?

“However, with bonuses and other entitlements, the average renumeration package of the BBC's top 100 executives is more than £214,000 a year, which exceeds the Prime Minister’s £194,250 salary.

The corporation's senior staff also claimed £175,000 in expenses in just the first three months of the financial year. “

Just wait till the Tory / Lap Dog coalition start on Public Sector pensions next year. The the sh*t really will hit the fan. Prepare for a winter of discontent.

Accyrover

Oh I dunno myself and lots of others on here will be quite content! :tu:

thenodrog :)

Archived