BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Boxing Day Game v Stoke - No trains?

Hey,

I'm back up North for Xmas and was hoping to get to the Boxing Day 'Battle of the Long Throws' against Stoke.

Going on the National Rail website, there are no trains from Blackpool to Blackburn or even Preston to Blackburn.

Just wondering, is this normal for a Boxing Day? Or will they release details closer to the time? Otherwise I'm going to have to borrow a car.

Grateful for help!

Hey,

I'm back up North for Xmas and was hoping to get to the Boxing Day 'Battle of the Long Throws' against Stoke.

Going on the National Rail website, there are no trains from Blackpool to Blackburn or even Preston to Blackburn.

Just wondering, is this normal for a Boxing Day? Or will they release details closer to the time? Otherwise I'm going to have to borrow a car.

Grateful for help!

As far as I know there are no trains anywhere. My daughter wanted to get back to London after the match but will have to travel on the first train the next morning to get to work on time as there are none on Boxing Day itself.

No trains is normal for Boxing Day unfortunately.

Hey,

Grateful for help!

There will be neither trains or buses on either christmas day or boxing day. That is normal for public transport. This year it could even apply to the monday and tuesday after christmas. As christmas day and boxing day are on sat and sun this year. So mon and tues are bank holidays.

If you hire a car you may even be stuck with it for longer than you need it.

Why not stay somewhere in blackburn for a few days - travelodge for example. as you can walk to the ground from there. then go to WBA away as well.

There will be neither trains or buses on either christmas day or boxing day. That is normal for public transport. This year it could even apply to the monday and tuesday after christmas. As christmas day and boxing day are on sat and sun this year. So mon and tues are bank holidays.

If you hire a car you may even be stuck with it for longer than you need it.

Why not stay somewhere in blackburn for a few days - travelodge for example. as you can walk to the ground from there. then go to WBA away as well.

Not sure about buses but trains start running again on the Monday.

I'm coming over from Norway for the games against Stoke, WBA and Sunderland. What's the cheapest way to get from Manchester to Blackburn on Boxing Day? The taxies will probably be quite expensive that day.

If you can drive then car hire would be the cheapest especially if there's more than one of you. In fact car hire for the week for those three games would be cost effective.

Archived