BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Sorry, another phone thread

Go for the Blackberry, its so much of a money saver. The torch is stunning, and is both touch screen and keypad. I am due an upgade soon, but will not upgrade, as i bought me an old Blackberry 8110 pearl for around 12 pounds :D. It does the business for me, and has saved me loads of money. The Blackberry messenger is just great, and again, saves me money.

The iPhone is quite a slick handset, but you will be spending alot more on data charges than the Blackberry.

Another thread of helpful none-answers.

The real question is what do you want out of a phone. I have an iPhone, my wife has an Android based phone and I've enough mates with Blackberrys. All are great in their own way, all have pros and cons.and are "the obvious choice" for different situations and different types of users.

Want something that just works with no faff, get an iPhone. Want to be seen as a suit not a poser (and value a real keyboard) get a Blackberry, want something endlessly customizable that can do EVERYTHING but it'll make you work a bit to get it set up, Android every time.

(In theory, I should be an Andriod user, not an iPhone user, but I was an early adopter ;) ).

Another thread of helpful none-answers.

The real question is what do you want out of a phone. I have an iPhone, my wife has an Android based phone and I've enough mates with Blackberrys. All are great in their own way, all have pros and cons.and are "the obvious choice" for different situations and different types of users.

Want something that just works with no faff, get an iPhone. Want to be seen as a suit not a poser (and value a real keyboard) get a Blackberry, want something endlessly customizable that can do EVERYTHING but it'll make you work a bit to get it set up, Android every time.

(In theory, I should be an Andriod user, not an iPhone user, but I was an early adopter ;) ).

Thanks but those barstewards at Orange have told me that I have to sign up to an Orange plan, the insurance is £12 a month and I have to pay £120 for the phone !!

I'm gonna go for a HTC Desire instead :tu:

Thanks but those barstewards at Orange have told me that I have to sign up to an Orange plan, the insurance is £12 a month and I have to pay £120 for the phone !!

You should be able to get an iPhone on Orange for around £35pm

The tried that wife my wife. I told them I had gadget cover already up to £500 per device so they could get bent. Not surprisingly they backed down.

Just upgraded to the Desire HD.. Its a cracking phone running Android 2.2. Battery life isnt great mind, but that seems to be par for the course with these here smartphones.

I'm completely sold on Android for the moment, and you can get far better deals on the HD than you can on the IPhone.

I can also get 80 quid from Mazuma for my old Hero as well ;)

Just upgraded to the Desire HD.. Its a cracking phone running Android 2.2. Battery life isnt great mind, but that seems to be par for the course with these here smartphones.

I'm completely sold on Android for the moment, and you can get far better deals on the HD than you can on the IPhone.

I can also get 80 quid from Mazuma for my old Hero as well ;)

Getting the Desire HD from Stockport tomorrow. :)

Getting the Desire HD from Stockport tomorrow. :)

Great choice of phone - got an original Desire when they first launched, had for 10 months now - really happy with it. Pay #17.50 / month unlimited everything (Orange with a loyalty discount).

You'll be just in time to get the Android version of the BBC iPlayer which launched as an app on the Android market this morning free - not available on the iPhone but is on the iPad.

As Ste says, no smartphone has great battery life - I get a day out of mine with GPS / WiFi switched on, or 2-3 days with everything switched off. When travelling I carry a spare battery (cost 10-15 quid) and USB cable so can charge in the car or from a laptop.

Enjoy!

Archived