BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Free Apps

FotMob is great for scores/line-ups/league placings on the move.

I use ColourNote a lot as well. It lets me put 'post-it-note' style notes on my home screen. Good for a memory like mine.

TuneIn Radio is a brilliant application, saved me buying a DAB radio player at home for BBC 6 Music. Has just about any radio station you can think of.

The only other one I use regularly is Handcent SMS, I find it much better than the default Android SMS program.

I've had my Orange SF less than a month so I'm new to this application lark, so I'm looking forward to seeing what other people are using.

FotMob is great for scores/line-ups/league placings on the move.

I use ColourNote a lot as well. It lets me put 'post-it-note' style notes on my home screen. Good for a memory like mine.

TuneIn Radio is a brilliant application, saved me buying a DAB radio player at home for BBC 6 Music. Has just about any radio station you can think of.

The only other one I use regularly is Handcent SMS, I find it much better than the default Android SMS program.

I've had my Orange SF less than a month so I'm new to this application lark, so I'm looking forward to seeing what other people are using.

Do you have it running through any sort of audio device?

is this purely for Android? will FotMob work on Blackberry, or windows mobile?

Fotmob looks like Android only. I know ESPN do a free one, might be on more platforms.

Do you have it running through any sort of audio device?

Only external speakers, nothing fancy.

Isn't google goggles a bar code scanner ? I've tried using a scanner app and it was hopeless. Scans fine, hit product search 'no trace'

:blink:

Googles can scan barcodes, can scan anything, iand it regnises stuff like logos, text (then translate it), landmarks, business cards etc.

I found that Barcode thing useless too. I got as far is it recognising what I'd scanned in, but couldn't work out what use that was.

Google Goggles is different. You take a picture and it recognises what it is and shows you more pictures of that thing. Like Glenn said, amazing technology but I'm not sure what practical use it has.

Edit: Even more versatile than I thought it appears! I thought you were an iPhone man Glenn?

<br />I now prefer Google Maps Navigation to my TomTom.<br />

<br />

Google Goggles is amazing tech, but I'm not sure how many real world uses I've found for it.<br />

<br /><br />

Are these both for iPhone Glenn ? Got a link?

Are these both for iPhone Glenn ? Got a link?

Navigation isn't (yet, plans are afoot I'm told) . Goggles is now part of the official "google app" for iPhone.

Another cool, but far from essential android toy is google sky map. On a clear night, point it at the stars and it'll highlight the constellations etc as you look at them.

WOW! Goggles is astonishing. After I tried to fool it with what I thought obscure references it came back correct everytime. Then I moved on to very obscure botanical names with their root in Latin. Several if these have alternative pronunciations - goggles got them every time.

load these up in the stock browser that has flash 10.1 player.. these stream perfect on my HTC desire...

sky sports 1

http://atdhe.me/tv/1051/live-sky-sports-1

sky sports 2

http://atdhe.me/tv/1053/live-sky-sports-2

sky sports 3

http://atdhe.me/tv/1055/live-sky-sports-3

eurosport

http://atdhe.me/tv/1060/live-eurosport

ESPN

http://atdhe.me/tv/1058/live-espn

ESPN America

http://atdhe.me/tv/87/live-espn-america

obviously they work on any pc and laptop that has flash player and any mobile fone with flash player

I did order a GiffGaff sim through Glenn's affiliate link, but it never arrived and I since decided not to bother switching. Most of my friends plus my girlfriend are on O2, my broadband is with O2. I'm paying £15 a month now for 300 mins + unlimited O2 calls + unlimited texts + 500mb data.

Not great but it saves me hassle. Plus don't GiffGaff start charging for data usage at the end of the month? If that offer had been permanent I probably would have gone for it.

How are you using that amount of data by the way?!

I did order a GiffGaff sim through Glenn's affiliate link, but it never arrived and I since decided not to bother switching. Most of my friends plus my girlfriend are on O2, my broadband is with O2. I'm paying £15 a month now for 300 mins + unlimited O2 calls + unlimited texts + 500mb data.

Not great but it saves me hassle. Plus don't GiffGaff start charging for data usage at the end of the month? If that offer had been permanent I probably would have gone for it.

How are you using that amount of data by the way?!

the internet data is only being charged for PAYG customers not for goodybag customers...

what do u mean by how do I use that much? on my HTC desire lol

the internet data is only being charged for PAYG customers not for goodybag customers...

what do u mean by how do I use that much? on my HTC desire lol

Well yeah...but doing what? I can't think how I could even get close! Don't get me wrong, I know how someone could use a lot of internet data doing certain 'things', but that's what my home computer/broadband is for.

Ah, fair enough. If I didn't have broadband I would've definitely gone for GiffGaff. As it is I only want it for light browsing.

Back on the topic of apps...

Any apps/widges that let me turn wifi/3g on and off from the home screen? Fed up of going into my settings all the time.

<br />My wi fi connects when I walk into the flat, disconnects when I'm out of range/>

Mine is the same, automatically connects to any wi fi in range provided I have previously "approved" the connection. So home, work and BT Openzone are on auto connect while any others I get the option to connect or decline.

Archived