BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Celtic Parcel Bombs

It will must never happen..

I have corrected it for you Choky. The reason why I do so is because there has been much discussion on the Scottish news channels in recent weeks where it has been stated (and very confidentally so) that it is on course to happen and talks are currently ongoing with the EPL to make it happen. Once again big money rules and to hell with what is morally right,

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As tony gale says though Fife, I just can't see the 14 out of 20 votes needed to push it through- a Celtic and Rangers with PL money would be absolute giants- clubs arent going to vote in something that threatens their own survuval.

If the TV companies want it, it will happen.

TV companies are not interested in showing Wigan, Bolton, and probably Blackburn when they can show full stadia.

You have to remember that while there is a totally unacceptable part to both Celtic's and Rangers Support. Their fan base is massive and that all the TV companies and money men care about.

They are the only reason anyone watches the SPL, they also bring in something crazy like 80% of the sponsorship of the SPL.

Personally I think it would be great if they left the SPL as they operate in a completely different financial world to the rest of the Scottish game.

And personally I think it would be a gift to mankind if both of them and their bigotted supporters simply ceased to exist. There is simply no room in modern day society for such hatred and bigotry based purely on religious and Irish political grounds anywhere, let alone in football.

The horrors of Rangers going to Liverpool, or anywhere for that matter, is quite horrifying.

Celtic fans aren't much better in my opinion. Made the mistake of wearing a Dundee United shirt in the Barrowlands in Glasgow, didn't expect to get out alive.

The horrors of Rangers going to Liverpool, or anywhere for that matter, is quite horrifying.

Celtic fans aren't much better in my opinion. Made the mistake of wearing a Dundee United shirt in the Barrowlands in Glasgow, didn't expect to get out alive.

Your damned lucky that you were only on Barrowlands and not Easterhouse or Shettleston........you definitely would not have got out of there unscathed. And that in spite of the fact that Dundee Utd is "the catholic" team in Dundee.

What amuses me is that Celtic fans try and take the high ground, 'we don't sing songs about Protestants', fair enough, but don't forget your 'blood stained poppy' banners, booing minute silences and singing for the IRA.

To say nothing of the songs they sing about what they would do to the Queen!!! Even Abbey would stuggle to match their creativity in that direction.

Your damned lucky that you were only on Barrowlands and not Easterhouse or Shettleston........you definitely would not have got out of there unscathed. And that in spite of the fact that Dundee Utd is "the catholic" team in Dundee.

In retrospect it was much like wearing a AACP tshirt in West Virginia.

Strange that a Catholic team would wear Orange.

In retrospect it was much like wearing a AACP tshirt in West Virginia.

Strange but true! Dundee Utd were formed from a "poor boys" club started by Catholic priests......don't ask me when though.

tangerine not orange

you cant really call Dundee utd a catholic team that died out when they changed there name, also i would not say theres a religion divide between Dundee and Dundee utd after all there only 10 yards away from each other.

I love how anything to do with the Old Firm always boils down to which side has more scumbag fans than the other. Not wishing to fuel this debate but I don't recall Walter Smith being the targets of letter bombs when he was winning rings round him.

This is only happening because Neil Lennon is proving himself to be a very talent young manager. I know I wouldn't mind him at Rovers right now!

No Brian, its because he is Neil Lennon, Catholic from Northern Ireland who signed for Celtic.

beyond pathetic, football doesn't come into it.

Not exactly running rings round them considering Rangers beat them to win the League Cup and are top of the table.

What amuses me is that Celtic fans try and take the high ground, 'we don't sing songs about Protestants', fair enough, but don't forget your 'blood stained poppy' banners, booing minute silences and singing for the IRA.

Both clubs have fans who reside at the very bottom of the barrel. They are as bad as each other. My family would be traditionally a Celtic one but my father and my uncles have nothing but utter disdain for the scum element of the club's support base. Frankly I'd be happy to see the 'Up the IRA' numbskulls and the 'Billy Boys' twits dropped on an island in the middle of the sea where they could fight it out.

I've been to four Old Firms in my time and I have to say that the atmosphere, in itself, is electrifying. It's unlike anything I've ever experienced. That said, one feels very relieved to be wearing Celtic green in and around the stadium on such occasions and while I've never seen or been aware of trouble (such is the tight police presence) there is certainly a crackle in the air.

With regard to Neil Lennon, I really do struggle to recall anything about him that could inspire the sort of hatred that is de rigueur these days. Alright he was a combative player with a passion for his team however he's not the first person to display such qualities at Parkhead, nor will he be the last. As someone who has lived in this part of the world all my life, I'm afraid to say that the simple sight of a red haired Irish catholic wearing his heart on his sleeve in the service of Glasgow Celtic gets a great many people extremely agitated. It's sad but very true.

With regard to Neil Lennon, I really do struggle to recall anything about him that could inspire the sort of hatred that is de rigueur these days. Alright he was a combative player with a passion for his team however he's not the first person to display such qualities at Parkhead, nor will he be the last. As someone who has lived in this part of the world all my life, I'm afraid to say that the simple sight of a red haired Irish catholic wearing his heart on his sleeve in the service of Glasgow Celtic gets a great many people extremely agitated. It's sad but very true.

I don't think him saying he'd "like to see an united Ireland in the future" went down well with the idiot element.

Rangers have always been my second team (I started supporting them because my Dad supports Celtic) but I did lose interest in them during the late 80's/early 90's because of the sectarian issues.

It's a pity nobody as come up with Glasgow United for the more sane people of Glasgow!

It's a pity nobody as come up with Glasgow United for the more sane people of Glasgow!

I think that would be the only thing that could possibly unite the Celtic and Rangers goons. You would have both sets of slavering lunatics hating the same team.

Unless 14 out of 20 Premier League clubs want it, it won't happen.

And I can see far more than six Premier League clubs voting against something which would be a threat to their own fortunes.

And you think they clubs will stand up to Sky?

They will do what they always do, they will take the cash and hope they are one of the clubs that don't go down.

As tony gale says though Fife, I just can't see the 14 out of 20 votes needed to push it through- a Celtic and Rangers with PL money would be absolute giants- clubs arent going to vote in something that threatens their own survuval.

That is 100% correct but the whole EPL would get more money, remember its divided between all clubs then the games shown on TV get more money and then where you finish in the league get more money. I do think it would be good for the EPL if both Celtic and Rangers were in there.

But lets get one thing 100% clear they should not be parachuted in to the EPL they should start at least in the Championship. Personally I would have the champions of Scotland in the Championship and the other in League 1. Why would I do that, for several reason 1 the hype it would be completely out of control. We all know Sky love to hype it to the max. It's also not fair on the Championship clubs if 2 clubs just jump in to the EPL. I also think it would be good for both Rangers and Celtic to be in the lower leagues as it would great increase the TV for the Championship and League 1 and crowds would be up.

Anyway lets see if it happens every year the talk gets more and more and personally I think its all started by both Celtic and Rangers as they have the most to gain.

I don't think him saying he'd "like to see an united Ireland in the future" went down well with the idiot element.

Rangers have always been my second team (I started supporting them because my Dad supports Celtic) but I did lose interest in them during the late 80's/early 90's because of the sectarian issues.

100% true, there is an idiot element but there is an idiot element for every club. Outside Scotland Rangers and Celtic fans get on pretty well as these people see the bigger picture. I have seen Old Firm games in Melbourne where there was thousands of people and not a hint of trouble at all.

Lennon's comments related to a hypothetical united Irish football team and his willingness to play for same. If he has also made public comments on a united Ireland (though I can't imagine why he would) I'm happy to be corrected.

100% true, there is an idiot element but there is an idiot element for every club. Outside Scotland Rangers and Celtic fans get on pretty well as these people see the bigger picture. I have seen Old Firm games in Melbourne where there was thousands of people and not a hint of trouble at all.

I don't know about Melbourne but in Boston (USA rather than the Lincolnshire one :D ) it's quite bad. I think that's more to do with the Americans who think they're Irish because one of their grandparents came from Ireland. In fact one time after an old firm game, this American "celtic" fan started saying "you f***ing English need to get out of Ireland" Which was funny because I'm Scottish (with an Irish Grandfather) and my wife is an Irish Catholic and his Irishness came from the fact his Grandfather was born in Cork and moved to the US when he was three!!

Lennon's comments related to a hypothetical united Irish football team and his willingness to play for same. If he has also made public comments on a united Ireland (though I can't imagine why he would) I'm happy to be corrected.

Sorry, I should have stated the football team rather than the country. It doesn't take much for some of the loons to react though!

Are there not some other sports where they already play a United Ireland team? I know I have read it somewhere but I cant remember the sport.

Are there not some other sports where they already play a United Ireland team? I know I have read it somewhere but I cant remember the sport.

Rugby in Ireland is made up of players from Northern Ireland - thats why we sing that @#/? "Irelands Call" instead of our National Anthem

GAA Hurling and Football includes all players in the Republic & Norn Iron

I don't know about Melbourne but in Boston (USA rather than the Lincolnshire one :D ) it's quite bad. I think that's more to do with the Americans who think they're Irish because one of their grandparents came from Ireland. In fact one time after an old firm game, this American "celtic" fan started saying "you f***ing English need to get out of Ireland" Which was funny because I'm Scottish (with an Irish Grandfather) and my wife is an Irish Catholic and his Irishness came from the fact his Grandfather was born in Cork and moved to the US when he

That drives me mad too. When I first went to Boston some bars had collection jars for the IRA and lots of loons howling their Irishness while slurping dark beer and masticating on some cabbage leaves.

None of these patriots had left Boston never mind visited the "auld sod." Not that I mind being constantly asked where I am from and then having to listen to hours of tedious genealogy trying to prove that we somehow have something in common, it is just that they are American and should be happy with the fact.

That drives me mad too. When I first went to Boston some bars had collection jars for the IRA and lots of loons howling their Irishness while slurping dark beer and masticating on some cabbage leaves.

You don't need to go to Boston for that, the pub near the railway station in Preston used to have one on their bar! I've been in there and been "told" to put my change in it by the bar staff!

Sorry, I should state that was in the 90's, I've not been in since then and can't comment on what it's like now.

You don't need to go to Boston for that, the pub near the railway station in Preston used to have one on their bar! I've been in there and been "told" to put my change in it by the bar staff!

Did you? :lol:

I just thought that in the US terrorism was frowned upon. These were the days of Chuck Norris remember, "Delta Force" and all that.

Archived