BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 125cc v keeping my car

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if it was work id be every weather on it due to the wife needing hers for work. If I sell my car id have to decide on new bike or 2nd hand. Some say new some say second hand so going to have a pondering easter.

Guest linganzi

Aye get a bike you will be the sort of prick ill enjoy putting the fear of death in to. I love s##ting up bikes, but surely you knew there would be people like me when you decided to buy a machine designed for breaking the speed limit ? Ah you don't need me abbey dear,.you lot scatter your brains all over the street sooner or later, in your case it won't take long to clean up xxxxxxx

Abbey,

Ignore Linganzi. He's either a troll or Jeremy Clarkson

Go for a 125 if you're just going to use it for commuting and bobbing around the place. It won't use much petrol; the insurance will be cheaper than a car (I'm reckoning that you are a (ahem) a mature driver; the vehicle excise duty wil be cheaper too.

Once at work you can plonk it in a small corner & avoid parking charges.

You'll need some decent biking clothing for when autumn & winter comes.

And take it easy if you get one, there's no point pretending to be Barry Sheen on the public highway.

Colin

++++++++++++++++++++++++

As a deliberate after-thought. Get a 125 but one that looks less like you are trying not to look like Valantino Rossi. Get something that you can get the shopping home. You know it makes sense.The better half can use it too to go out for the emergency bog roll run. If you buy a 125 that's trying to look like a big bike, people will look at you and say "that bloke has a small peni5." That's what other people may think. Not me. I don't care about the size of your peni5.

I used to have a Kawasaki GT 650, now I have a Corsa and a daughter. Which probably says far too much about my transport and life.

Yeah, ignore Linganzi, good grief. Had a few bikes years ago, don't go with an off roader, you'll be riding on knobblies, no good. Get an ordinary bike not a plastic chicken and four stroke not two. Mate of mine ages ago had a Honda Benley, you couldn't hear the engine.

A lot of the guys I work with use small motorbikes for work in the summer and go back to using the car when the weather gets bad. The have kept the car though for shopping trips and such like. It saves them money though. No need to sell the car if you are not using it too much, as there is no wear and tear and the fuel costs are very low.

Dunno if the idea suits you, but get the bike and keep the car. Even cheaper would be a twist and go scooter. Unless you are climbing up Ben Nevis on the bike a twist and go works pretty well. And unless you do motorways, a little 50cc is ideal. Save yourself a fortune with one of them.

A lot of the guys I work with use small motorbikes for work in the summer and go back to using the car when the weather gets bad. The have kept the car though for shopping trips and such like. It saves them money though. No need to sell the car if you are not using it too much, as there is no wear and tear and the fuel costs are very low.

Dunno if the idea suits you, but get the bike and keep the car. Even cheaper would be a twist and go scooter. Unless you are climbing up Ben Nevis on the bike a twist and go works pretty well. And unless you do motorways, a little 50cc is ideal. Save yourself a fortune with one of them.

tbh cant afford both.

Aye get a bike you will be the sort of prick ill enjoy putting the fear of death in to. I love s##ting up bikes, but surely you knew there would be people like me when you decided to buy a machine designed for breaking the speed limit ? Ah you don't need me abbey dear,.you lot scatter your brains all over the street sooner or later, in your case it won't take long to clean up xxxxxxx

You really are an odious little toad at times aren't you ?

Anyway, close to 2 years ago, I was made redundant after 14 years at the same place and lost my company car, so since then I've been sharing my wife's little Corsa. As the startup I'm now involved with has secured parking as is pretty close to where my wife works sharing a car has been pretty easy, but now money isn't quite as tight I've been considering either a second car again, or a bike. Whatever I buy will probably end up being left on the drive most days, so I'm considering replacing the Corsa with something a little bigger and meatier (and 4 bloody doors) and getting myself a bike for those days when my wife and I need to be in different places (or I need a lie in).

Archived