BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Is the BBC Biased?

Apart from MOTD, which comes across as very biased, even bigotted at times. The news seems to be very biased towards London.

Big news today. A SMOG alert, and it is on the news as it is the first one this year. :angry:

Ok it is important for those poor folks who live there but this kind of thing should be left to the regional news programmes surely.

The BBC national news does tend to have a London bias but it is not "biased", which implies something more sinister. The smog thing is a good example, though I did see a national news report yesterday which featured shots across Manchester. The other one I love is snow - more than 2cm on the ground and the poor darlings are snowed in for a week, outraged at the lack of grit and things generally grind to a halt. It always makes me and Mrs P smile, the poor dears.

The BBC national news does tend to have a London bias but it is not "biased", which implies something more sinister. The smog thing is a good example, though I did see a national news report yesterday which featured shots across Manchester. The other one I love is snow - more than 2cm on the ground and the poor darlings are snowed in for a week, outraged at the lack of grit and things generally grind to a halt. It always makes me and Mrs P smile, the poor dears.

News in the UK will tend to be London centric as there are simply more people living there and more economic activity in the city than anywhere else in the country. Therefore something happens in London will have a greater impact on more people and the economy than anything else.

That said, it will be interesting to see if there is any shift in emphasis when the move to Media City in Manchester takes place.

i dont watch the BBC news as i find it on a whole quite ######..

i stick to ITV news and granada reports which normally cover anything and everything from Liverpool or Manchester, they do do bits inbetween those cities so not all to bad on a whole

• Backroom

Not a fan of the way MOTD is but it's still required watching most weeks for me.

On the whole though the BBC is great, Planet Earth and Life were breathtaking.

Every media organisation has some sort of bias, either subconsciously or knowingly. However the BBC is easily the least biased major news source out there. I do think there is a slight culturally liberal bias, but then that's to be expected by an organisation which recieves its money from public funding.

Archived