BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Venky's Moving Closer To Ewood

I know this means nothing, but one of the replies to my e-mails said that Phil Jones won't be sold. And surely you can't use a person as collateral for a house. That sounds like slavery to me, as I can imagine a 18th Century shpping magnate using such 'cargo' in a similar way in order to expand their business.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Posted 19 May 2011 - 23:07 PM

personally I'm not convinced. If these people were serious they'd buy a house on Nuttall St

I did notice that there was a house for sale there at the weekend....

They have already bought on Nuttall Street

To compare anything Jack did to anything this bunch of jokers have done so far is frankly a shocking insult to the great man.

wind your neck in, he was pointing out that Jack got involved in football affairs, like not signing the French guys for peanuts or not investing in the team after the title win.

wind your neck in, he was pointing out that Jack got involved in football affairs, like not signing the French guys for peanuts or not investing in the team after the title win.

Pipe down, I'm fully aware of the point he was making. There's a massive difference between getting involved in football affairs in a good way on the back of being a lifelong fan who knows what the fans want, and getting involved in football affairs in a bad way on the back of barely seeing a football match in your life.

Jack was a lifelong fan of Rovers so had a fair idea about what was good for the club, and this showed in the success we got with those decisions. Surely NOT providing money to sign players after the title win wasn't Jack getting involved in football affairs, he was just opting not to spend much more money that summer. It's totally different to getting in and sacking the manager, isn't it? On the other hand, Jack firing MacKay and bringing in Dalglish was him getting involved, but since he knew a fair bit about football and what Rovers fans wanted, it was the good kind of involvement.

Have you got it yet?

Pipe down, I'm fully aware of the point he was making. There's a massive difference between getting involved in football affairs in a good way on the back of being a lifelong fan who knows what the fans want, and getting involved in football affairs in a bad way on the back of barely seeing a football match in your life.

Jack was a lifelong fan of Rovers so had a fair idea about what was good for the club, and this showed in the success we got with those decisions. Surely NOT providing money to sign players after the title win wasn't Jack getting involved in football affairs, he was just opting not to spend much more money that summer. It's totally different to getting in and sacking the manager, isn't it? On the other hand, Jack firing MacKay and bringing in Dalglish was him getting involved, but since he knew a fair bit about football and what Rovers fans wanted, it was the good kind of involvement.

Have you got it yet?

Don't try to talk down at me you halfwit, is that how you carry on with diagnosing your patients,

thank god you are and never will be my doctor,

Regarding Jack Walker he is the best thing that has happened to the Rovers for a long time, but not the only good benefactor since the Rovers were founded in 1875. Just because he was around while you support the club does not mean he is the be all and end all of the Rovers.

The King is dead, long live the King

Don't try to talk down at me you halfwit, is that how you carry on with diagnosing your patients,

thank god you are and never will be my doctor,

Regarding Jack Walker he is the best thing that has happened to the Rovers for a long time, but not the only good benefactor since the Rovers were founded in 1875. Just because he was around while you support the club does not mean he is the be all and end all of the Rovers.

The King is dead, long live the King

That was a response to you saying "wind your neck in".

Halfwits don't become doctors. They become nobodies, which is most likely what you are.

It's a bit odd that you said all that stuff about Jack Walker not being Rovers' only benefactor, or about him not being the be all and end all of Rovers.

I never claimed any of those things so not entirely sure why you were putting words into my mouth, I was just making a comparison between him and Venky's.

You really are a strange chap.

That was a response to you saying "wind your neck in".

Halfwits don't become doctors. They become nobodies, which is most likely what you are.

It's a bit odd that you said all that stuff about Jack Walker not being Rovers' only benefactor, or about him not being the be all and end all of Rovers.

I never claimed any of those things so not entirely sure why you were putting words into my mouth, I was just making a comparison between him and Venky's.

You really are a strange chap.

And you are so full of your self that being a doctor is totally the wrong profession, politics would be more suitable, we only have your scribblings that say you are a doctor by the way.

I have never put words into your mouth, there is no room.

If halfwits don't become doctors why do some get struck off?

Not that anybody wants to know this but I have had several succesful careers and business's and still have today(all in the real world) not bad for a nobody.

I would suggest to you that you stay in your molly coddled employment as long as you can, you would not survive in the real world

And you are so full of your self that being a doctor is totally the wrong profession, politics would be more suitable, we only have your scribblings that say you are a doctor by the way.

I have never put words into your mouth, there is no room.

If halfwits don't become doctors why do some get struck off?

Not that anybody wants to know this but I have had several succesful careers and business's and still have today(all in the real world) not bad for a nobody.

I would suggest to you that you stay in your molly coddled employment as long as you can, you would not survive in the real world

Being a doctor = not being in the real world and molly coddled.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Let's see how you'd manage at a cardiac arrest shall we?

Your points are becoming more and more bizzare by the post. I think the fact you think that being in the medical profession equates to being molly coddled and not being in the real world is enough of an amusing note to close on.

Sometimes you don't need to make people look stupid, they cope perfectly well with making themselves look stupid. We'll leave it there.

trueblue - I was happy debating football matters, but a cursory glance through the last page or two will show who instigated the personal insults.

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone fancies buying it to find out abit more about our owners.....(Philip perhaps as the financial wizz?)

Then their latest accounts were released or over the last few days -

Latest financial summaries etc for £10

Research financial report here for £23

Looks like they have also recommended a divi payment to shareholders

If anyone fancies buying it to find out abit more about our owners.....(Philip perhaps as the financial wizz?)

Then their latest accounts were released or over the last few days -

Latest financial summaries etc for £10

Research financial report here for £23

Looks like they have also recommended a divi payment to shareholders

The dividend must be to appease the shareholders not too impressed with our purchase.

'who needs Zidane when we have Sherwood' -Jack Walker.

In fairness that reported quote only makes Jack sound silly with the benefit of hindsight. At the time nobody had an inkling that Zidane would become even half the player he did.

Like who would have thought Jay Bothroyd would one day get an England cap when he was lollopping around the Ewood turf?

Anyone know anything about Venkys secretly trying to sell the club? just read something on Facebook from a guy who told us about the Givet investigations way before it was in the press, he works with someone on the FA tribunal.

Anyone know anything about Venkys secretly trying to sell the club? just read something on Facebook from a guy who told us about the Givet investigations way before it was in the press, he works with someone on the FA tribunal.

Not this. The worse thing about Venkys in my view is that should they decide to sell up I can definitely see us being sold to any old crackpot with the cash!

Archived